The Chautauqua County Humane Society is pleased to announce the 6th annual Hot Dogs, Cool Cats pet photo contest sponsored by Media One Group. The contest will allow participants to upload digital photos of their beloved companion and share a brief story with the world about their pet.
The contest will award prizes to entrants whose pictures and accompanying narratives are voted to be the best by the viewers through donation voting. Beginning January 1st at 12:00 a.m. log on to www.spcapets.com
, click on the link to the pet photo contest, upload your photo, add your contact info and your comments then vote, vote, vote!
All proceeds will be applied to the cost of caring for the homeless and neglected pets awaiting adoption at the Chautauqua County Humane Society in Jamestown, New York.
- Submit your pet's photo for FREE beginning on January 1, 2014.
- Photos are displayed on the website for voting until 8:59:59 PM (EST), January 31, 2014. Voting closes at 9:00 PM (EST) that day.
- Votes are $1, minimum of 5 votes each transaction.
- The top 12 winning entrants will have their pet's photo displayed on an 11”x17” calendar and on the contest link on our website, www.spcapets.com.
- Calendars will be for sale at CCHS starting in March 2014.
- Photos may contain more than one pet.
- You may enter as many photos as you want, however keep in mind that friends and family votes add up, so spreading those votes among multiple entries limits your chances of winning.
- Each $1 donation counts as 1 vote.
- There is a 5 vote minimum donation.
- When you donate to vote, you will receive a "bank" of votes that then need to be applied to the entries you wish to vote for. You can place all votes on one entry or place a few here, a few there, etc.
- You can email links to family/friends to encourage voting for your pet's photo.
- On your pet's public page, there is a "share" button that allows you to share your entry through Facebook and other social networking sites.
- All submitted photos are subject to review and approval by CCHS before the entry becomes visible.
- All submitted photos become the property of CCHS to be used at their discretion for any and all marketing purposes.
- We will be accepting entries and donation votes through 8:59:59 PM (EST), January 31, 2014. Voting closes at 9:00 PM (EST) that day.
- All donations are non-refundable.
- The CCHS is a 501(c) (3) organization. Donations are tax deductible.
- The email acknowledgment reply to your online donation serves completely as your tax receipt.
- Mailed paper tax acknowledgements must be requested specifically by emailing to firstname.lastname@example.org
- Important: if your submission is low resolution or poor quality, your image may be excluded or you may be asked for a better quality image. To qualify, photo entries must be available in color, of horizontal (landscape) orientation, high resolution and able to be printed at a size of 8.5” x 11” without significant loss of quality.