GRASSY WATERS PRESERVE 2022 PHOTOGRAPHY CONTESTSponsored by the City of West Palm Beach and Grassy Waters Conservancy
The contest is intended to showcase the natural environment and diversity in/of Grassy Waters Preserve by amateur photographers. Photographs should reflect the subject and scene as it actually appeared. There are four adult categories and a Youth category. Images can be taken in 2022 or any time in the past, with any photographic device (traditional camera, smartphone, iPad, etc.).
HOW TO ENTER:
- The entry period is February 1, 2022, through February 28, 2022.
- Entries can only be submitted through the GWC website grassywaters.org.
- Each Adult photographer may submit unlimited entries. The adult entry fee is $10 dollars per image and is a tax-deductible donation to GWC.
- Youth photographers may submit up to 3 images. There is no fee for Youth entries.
- All images must be in digital JPEG format.
JUDGING AND AWARDS:
- The four Adult categories are:
- Landscape: plants, scenic, water and weather.
- Wildlife: mammals, birds, reptiles, amphibians, fish, and insects.
- Black and White: black and white images.
- Closeup/Macro: landscape, wildlife, or black and white images.
- The Youth category is for photographers under age 14 on February 1, 2022, affirmed by an adult when entering. Images can be landscape, wildlife, black and white, or closeup/macro.
- Judging will be by a professional photographer, and the GWC and Preserve staffs. The professional photographer may move an image to a different category.
- The professional photographer will select the “Grand Prize” image; 1st, 2nd and 3rd place images in each category; and additional Honorable Mention images.
- The Preserve staff will select the “Nature Center’s Choice” for its annual poster.
- One “People’s Choice” winner will be selected by voting on Adult entries only. Votes on Youth entries will NOT be counted and any money paid considered a donation to GWC.
- The winning and honorable mention images will be exhibited at the Preserve. Other exhibitions of the photos and prizes for the photographers will be announced.
- Images may be used by GWC in a Preserve calendar sold for fundraising.
All photo contest questions should be emailed to firstname.lastname@example.org
- The photographer affirms that each photo was in/of the Preserve and taken by the photographer. Solid Waste Authority land and trails are NOT part of the Preserve. The official map is on the GWC website.
- The contest is for amateur photographers only. Professionals are NOT eligible and their entries will be deemed ineligible. A professional is someone (i) with significant income from photography or videography or (ii) previously identified as a professional.
- A previous contest winner or honorable mention photo entered in the contest will be deemed ineligible.
- If an entry contains the image of a person(s) the person(s) should NOT be able to be identified or the entry will be deemed ineligible.
- If an image contains information identifying the photographer or watermarks it will be deemed ineligible.
- Digitally enhanced or manipulated images beyond cropping; and minor color, saturation, contrast, and sharpening adjustments will be deemed ineligible.
- Panoramas will be deemed ineligible.
- An entry deemed ineligible at the sole discretion of the judges, will be disqualified with no entry fee refund.
- The photographers grant perpetual rights to WPB and GWC to use entered images without compensation. A reasonable attempt will be made to credit photographers, who retain the copyright of their images.
- WPB and GWC are not responsible for entries not following the contest rules.
- WPB Preserve staff and GWC contest staff are NOT eligible to enter.
- All contest decisions, judging and voting is considered to be proprietary and confidential.
- By submitting an entry, the photographer agrees to abide by all contest rules, and waives claims of any kind against the organizers and judges of the contest.