PET ELECT (Grand Prize)*
Prizes will be awarded based on total votes received. The Pet Elect is the candidate who, regardless of pawrty affiliation, receives the most votes at the close of competition, will be recognized as Alexandria's 2017 Animal of the Year, and will:
- Grace the front and back covers of the 2017 AWLA Calendar (sold in stores throughout Alexandria);
- Receive, with owner, a professional photography session with Dirty Paw Photography at a to-be-determined location. Cover photos will be selected by the AWLA from the results of this photo session; submitted contest photo will appear on the back cover of the calendar alongside a professional photo of the owner(s).
- One 8 x 10 and two 5 x 7 complimentary prints (with an option to purchase more photos or products offered by the photographer.)
- Receive year-round invitations to AWLA events as Alexandria's 2017 Animal of the Year. (If unable to attend, a stand-alone photographic likeness of the animal will be used by way of recognition.)
- Be featured on the www.AlexandriaAnimals.org home page, Facebook header and Twitter header, from the period of October 1, 2016 to December 31, 2016.
- Receive twenty-five (25) copies of the calendar to autograph and distribute to his/her constituency.
RUNNING MATES (First, Second, and Third Prizes)*
Running Mates are pet candidates who receive the second-, third-, and fourth-most votes at the close of competition and will each receive:
- A full-page calendar spread, with choice of months given to first-, second-, and third-place winners, consecutively.
- A 20-minute outdoor photography mini-session pre-scheduled for September 24, 2016 (rain date September 25, 2016). Calendar cover will be selected by the AWLA from the results of this photo session.
- One complimentary 5x7 print (with an option to purchase more photos or products offered by the photographer.)
- Featured on AlexandriaAnimals.org home page, Facebook header, and Twitter header for two weeks of their corresponding calendar month
- 10 copies of the calendar to autograph and distribute to his/her constituency
THE CABINET (Fourth through Fourteenth Place)
Ten winners, 5 through 14 in vote placement, will receive a half page photo in one of the months of the calendar (determined by AWLA). They will each be featured on AWLA's website, Facebook header, and Twitter header for one month of the month they are featured, and will each receive 5 calendars to autograph and distribute to his/her constituency.
Thank you to our participating photographers: DeSilva Photography, LLC
; Dirty Paw Photography
; Gena Roma Photography
, Alison Satinoff and Shelley Castle Photography
The candidates who receive the most votes within their own political pawrty (Canine, Feline, and Small Animal) will be recognized on the Elect-A-Pet 2016 feature spread in the calendar, and will each receive 2 free calendars to autograph and distribute to his/her constituency.
*PET-ELECT must be available for a September 2016 photo shoot in order to be eligible for prizes. RUNNING MATES must be available for September 24, 2016 and September 25, 2016 rain dates in order to receive prizes. If not available, prize moves to next eligible candidate.