How much is the entry fee?
The entry fee is $20 per photo. This fee includes one copy of the full-color calendar that will be mailed to you in late November. All proceeds from contest entries will help us provide spay and neuter services for unowned community cats in the Louisville, Kentucky area.
How many photos can I enter?
You can enter as many photos as you want!
What are the requirements for uploaded photos?
- Photos can be entered at any point, during the contest, but the sooner the better to get more votes.
- All cats can participate! Your cat does not have to be a community cat or an Alley Cat Advocates graduate to be eligible to enter this contest!
- All photos become the property of Alley Cat Advocates for print and publication purposes.
- Photos must be high quality, taken at a resolution of 200-300 DPI with a minimum file size of 4mb (megabytes) in a generally accepted file format (JPEG, TIFF, PNG). If you are using a mobile phone camera, please be sure your photo meets these standards. If your photo is selected as a winner and doesn't meet the quality and size standards, Alley Cat Advocates will offer your spot in the calendar to the next runner-up.
- Who can appear in your photos?
- People? No.
- Cats? Yes.
- Multiple cats? Yes.
- Cats with a dog or another animal friend? Yes.
- We cannot accept photos with digital overlays, photo stickers, doodles, or any copyrighted photos.
- Alley Cat Advocates reserves the right to disqualify an entry based on objectionable content or depiction of the animal in a photo. Fees will not be refunded.
How many votes do I need to have my cat featured on a certain month?
The 13 photos with the most public votes will be displayed on the cover and monthly pages of the 2021 calendar. The cat photo with the highest number of votes will appear on the cover. Alley Cat Advocates will determine month placement for the next 12 photos with the most votes.
When will I get my prizes?
We will contact the winners after the contest closes and coordinate prize pickup or delivery with you.
Vote for Photos
How do I vote for a cat's picture?
Votes are $1 each, with a minimum donation of $5 for five votes. All votes are tax-deductible. Yes, you can vote for your own cat's photo (and as many times as you, your friends, and family want!).
When does voting begin and end?
Online votes for photo entries begins on July 6, 2020 at 9:00 AM Eastern Daylight Time and end on July 31, 2020 at 9:00 PM Eastern Daylight Time*. *The ending time for the online voting portion will be solely determined by the host website's server. Keep in mind your clock may differ from the clock that determines the ending time.
When will I get my calendar?
We will mail calendars in late November.
Was your question not answered here? Please contact Alley Cat Advocates at email@example.com