- Any pet (domesticated animal) living full or part time in Idyllwild, Fern Valley, Mountain Center, Pine Cove, Garner Valley, or Poppet Flats may enter.
- All entries are free of charge.
- Each pet will be entered in one of three categories: Dog, Cat, Other
- Any family qualified under rule #1 may enter as many pets as it would like, but is limited to ONLY one photo per pet.
- Photos may not be altered to add text, costumes, etc. (i.e. Photoshop).
- Photos may be entered beginning January 15, 2019, and all must be entered by midnight February 2, 2019.
- Voting at $1 per vote will open on February 5, 2019. The voting will close promptly at 9 p.m. on March 4, 2019.
- Anyone anywhere may vote. There are no geographical boundaries or limitations imposed by these rules.
- Winners will hold their titles until December 31, 2019.
- Winners will be announced on the website on March 4, 2019.
- Winners will be contacted regarding prizes, publicity, etc. the first week of March, 2019.
1st place in each of the three categories:
- A case of Baily Wine, donated by Baily Winery, Temecula, with each bottle's label featuring a photo of the winning pet.
- A set of etched wine glasses featuring contest title and pet's name.
- The winning pets and their guardians will be invited to ride on the ARF float (or a photo of the pet) in the July 4 parade.
- The winning pets' photos will be displayed in the ARF House throughout 2019.
- The winning pets' names will be featured in the kids' zone at ARF's June 3, 2019 Paws for Rhythm and Brews beer festival.
2nd place winner in each category:
Multiple personalized pet items – surprise!
3rd place winner in each category:
Gift baskets with pet and human gifts donated by local merchants and artists.