Asheville Humane Society is about hope, not heartache. As Buncombe County's critical safety net since 1984, we are always here to save and protect every animal. We have mastered the art of saving lives within our walls and now we are going even further, helping our community's pets and their people thrive together. We are going beyond a no-kill community to ensure that each animal has the quality of life they deserve – a life worth living. This past year, Asheville Humane Society saved or supported over 9,300 local pets in need!
Our Lifesaving Impact in 2018:
- Over 3,800 animals were adopted into loving homes
- Over 1,100 lost animals were reunited with their people
- 3,900 animals in the community received Safety Net resources and assistance
- Nearly 500 animals were relocated to partner shelters across the country
- 370 families fostered over 1,400 animals
- Volunteers clocked in 325 hours each week
- 55,500 pounds of pet food were provided to citizens and pets in need
Asheville Humane Society is a nonprofit organization that owns and operates a privately-funded Adoption Center. Located next door is the Buncombe County Animal Shelter which is owned by the County and operated by Asheville Humane Society. We are not affiliated with any other humane society and our Adoption Center receives no government funding.
The funds raised through this contest will save lives!