Entries should include your pet's photo and story.
We want to know why your pet is special to you! Their story can include how they came into your life, what their personality is like, why they deserve the title "WNC's Pet of the Year," and any other fun facts or anecdotes! To enter, click the "Participate" tab above and follow the instructions to upload a photo of your pet. All species are encouraged to enter!
- All entries and votes must be submitted by June 25th at 8:59:59 p.m. EST.
- There is a $5 minimum donation to submit a pet's photo into the contest.
- Each submission should only contain one pet, but you can submit other pets as separate entries.
- Pets only. Photos cannot contain people or wildlife.
- Your pet does NOT have to be adopted from Asheville Humane Society, or any other shelter, to be eligible to enter the contest.
- Your pet must live in Western North Carolina to win the grand prize.
- You may enter a deceased pet, but they cannot be eligible for the top two prizes.
- All photos must be digital and do not need to be professional.
- By submitting a photo to the contest, you affirm that you are the photographer, or have been given unrestricted use permission by the photographer, to include the photo.
- Once entered, photo submissions become the property of AHS to be used at our discretion for print and marketing purposes.
- AHS reserves the right to remove photo entries that are inappropriate or do not follow the rules of the contest. If this happens, we will contact you to see if the photo can be replaced with a new one.
- Should your pet win one of the top two spots, you must be able to bring them to Asheville (date, time & location TBD) to pose for a photography session with one of our volunteer photographers.*
VotingTo vote online
, click the "Participate" tab above.
- Each vote costs $1, and there is no limit to the number of votes one may cast.
- When voters donate more than $1, they will be given the option of applying all of the votes to one pet, dividing their votes among multiple pets, or storing votes in their account for later.
- All votes must be applied to selected photos by the conclusion of the voting period to be counted.
- Entrants are welcome to vote for their own photo.
- Online voting begins as soon as the photo is registered and ends at 8:59:59 p.m. EST on June 25, 2019.
can be done by mail or at the Adoption Center (to the attention of Meredith).
The pet with the most votes at the end of the submission period will win! There will be two runners-up, two judge's choice winners (must have at least 100 votes to be eligible), and one Prestige Choice Award (must have 150 votes to be eligible). *A special thanks to our volunteer photographers for generously donating their time and talent:
- Offline votes (mail and in-person) must be received by 5:00 p.m. on June 24, 2019.
- Voters must identify the pet and owner's name to make sure a vote is credited to the correct photo.
- Make checks payable to Asheville Humane Society.
Send mailed votes to:
Asheville Humane Society
Attn: Meredith Pitcairn
14 Forever Friend Lane
Asheville, NC 28806