- To submit your pet's photo, a minimum $20 donation is required. This amount will enter you into the contest. The entry fee will be included in the overall funds donated to your campaign.
- Entries are limited to one photo per entry fee and must be submitted online. You may submit as many entries as you like.
- Once entered, all photos become the property of the Atlanta Humane Society and can be used, edited, or modified for print or marketing purposes.
- Any photo or caption deemed inappropriate as determined by the staff of the Atlanta Humane Society will be removed from the photo contest.
- All entries must be in color and contain one single animal.
- If your entry was taken by a commercial studio, please include a signed copyright release from the photographer with your entry.
- Dogs and cats not wearing collars or ID tags may be ruled ineligible for calendar placement.
- Your pet does not have to be adopted from AHS to be eligible to enter this contest.
- All photos must be submitted by the photographer who took the photo. Photos with copyrights must receive the express consent of the owner of the copyright for usage rights in the AHS pet photo contest.
- If photos include pets not owned by the person entering the photo, the entrant must receive written permission from the pet's owner for usage in the contest.
- Each dollar donated to a pet's campaign represents one vote
- Due to processing costs, a minimum $5 donation is required
- All donations are tax-deductible by law
- All donations to the photo contest are final
- All votes must be applied to selected photos by the conclusion of the voting period to be counted
- An email address is required to make an online donation so a receipt with tax information can be sent to the donor. If you would not like to receive AHS news and solicitations via email in the future, there is a checkbox that you can un-check at the time of your donation.
- The first 100 entries in the contest will be included in the AHS 2020 Pet Calendar at no extra charge.
- The top 4 entries at 10:00 P.M. EST on Friday, June 21, 2019 will receive coveted pet of the month features in the AHS calendar.
- Online entries and votes must be submitted before 10:00:00 PM EST on Friday, June 21, 2019.
- Contest winners will need to re-submit their photo to Atlanta Humane Society as a high resolution, print quality image. Winners will be notified where to send photos.
- Prize announcements will be revealed on the contest homepage with one week of the contest end-date.
- The remaining 8 pet of the month features will be chosen by AHS staff.
The value of any prizes won in this contest must be reported on your taxes as income. For more information, please refer to:irs.gov/publications/p17/ch12.html#d0e46809