How to submit Photographs
All photos become the property of Ark-Valley Humane Society.
- All eligible photos submitted by June 26th will be included in the 2017/2018 Calendar, either in the collage page or as insets within the calendar.
- Donations are fully tax-deductible as permitted by law. Ark-Valley Humane Society is a 501(c)3 non-profit organization. All entrants will receive receipts for their contribution.
- Submissions will be accepted on-line from Monday, June 5th to Monday, June 26th. Photos can be voted on by the public during the submission period and/or until June 26th for $1 per vote ($5 minimum).
- The minimum donation for submitting a photo to be included and voted on in the Ark-Valley Humane Society's 2017/2018 Pet Calendar is $10 per photo submitted. You may submit as many photos as you like.
- To submit photos online, click on the Participate tab above and follow the directions to upload a photograph of your pet. We are only accepting online entries this year.
- Your pet does not have to be a rescue or from Ark-Valley Humane Society.
- Photos must be high resolution. 3650 pixels X 2740 pixels is preferred for printing purposes. Generally, photos taken with mobile phones are not high enough resolution.
- Acceptable photo formats are: .jpg and .png
- Photos may contain one or more pets. Humans are not allowed in the photograph.
- Photos must be: in color; contain only pets (no humans) and be horizontal (landscape) format.
- Any image that includes people, or content that is deemed inappropriate, indecent or obscene, as determined by the Executive Director of Ark-Valley Humane Society, will be removed from the Photo Contest.
- Photographs may not be edited or altered (other than minor color, contrast or sharpness adjustments).
Vote For Your Favorites
- Once a photo is submitted, it will appear in the online gallery at gogophotocontest.com/avhs, and be open to voting until Monday, June 26th. Votes are $l.00 each with a minimum of 5 votes. You can vote as many times as you'd like.
- All votes for photo submissions will be tabulated and displayed online.
- To vote online, click on the Participate tab above. The online voting period will end on Monday, July 3rd.
- Ending time for the Photo Fundraiser will be determined by the host website's server, which will show prominently on the Photo Fundraiser website as a countdown clock on the last day of the fundraiser.
- All votes are donations to Ark-Valley Humane Society and are fully tax-deductible as permitted by law. All donors will receive receipts for their contribution.
- Voters are prompted to make a donation (minimum 5 votes) at the time of voting. Entries will receive one vote for every $1 donated during the voting process. After you submit your entry, you have the opportunity to ask your friends and family members to donate-to-vote by sending them the URL for your entry or using the "Tell-A-Friend" form when you log in to your account on the Contest website. Keep in mind that you cannot combine votes from separate photos/entries.
- Voters do not have to use all votes at the time of donation. Upon donation, voters will be given the option of applying all of the votes to one image or storing the votes in an account. If voters choose to store votes, they can be accessed and voted with a User ID and password at any time during the contest-voting period.
Prizes for Top Votes
The top 16 participants to receive the most votes when the voting period ends will be contacted by Ark-Valley Humane Society to notify them of the following prizes:
- 1st Place: Your pet’s photo on the front cover of the calendar, a Kuranda dog bed or cat tower valued at over $100, and two tickets to our annual fundraising event, Cause for the Paws.
- 2nd Place: $50 gift card to Gone to the Dogs and one ticket to our annual fundraising event, Cause for the Paws.
- 3rd Place: $50 gift card to Quincy’s in Salida.
- The remaining 14 highest voted for photos will each be a featured animal on a particular month in the AVHS calendar.