Hello my name is Charlotte Ohana Koeppel and I am 14 months old. There are a few things I would like to clarify.
1) I am a purebred Newfoundlander. Not part Dalmatian, not part Cocker Spaniel, not St Bernard, Bernese or any other. Please do not keep asking my owners if they are sure they know what breed I am. I am a Landseer Newfie and proud!
2) People seem to love to put me on Instagram and Facebook. I get it I am pretty cute. Please do not try to take my leash out of my parent's hands and make me sit for picture after picture as each person tries to pass off my lead. Everyone take one picture of me sitting nicely with no one photo bombing and move on.
3) Yes I am a big girl 140lbs to be exact and yes I have a lot of growing to do still. But like all girls I don't want to keep hearing how big I am. I am a full figured lady and proud!
4) I slobber, and by slobber I mean a lot. Puddles and puddles of drool. If you pet me you will be covered there is nothing I can do. So please pet at your own risk but don't complain if you get wet.
5) I am a big dog but a puppy. I am happy, well loved, gentle and sweet. You don't need to cross the street when you see me. I have manners and will wag my tail but just because I am BIG it does not mean that I am scary. In fact we are one of the most gentle breeds around. Many know us as "Nanny" from Peter Pan.
6) Please, please don't jump in the water and then expect me to save you. Although my breed is known for their very talented rescue skills myself am not a big fan of swimming.
But most of all remember my name is Charlotte and I am a Newf!