- The top three fundraisers will each win a place for their pet to be featured on one of three cans in a 4-pack of Starborn beer, a special limited release Yellow Dog Brewing beer! (One animal per label.)
- The fourth label will be awarded in a draw. Each fundraiser will receive 1 entry into the draw per $100 CAD raised. A winner will be randomly selected from these entries.
- The BC SPCA will present all 4 winners with a prize that includes a flat (6 packs of 4) of Starborn beer plus a $75 gift card for Yellow Dog Brewing all shipped to them at no cost. This prizing is limited to contestants with a shipping address in British Columbia, Canada.
- You must be 19+ years of age to participate in the Make My Pet a Yellow Dog Brewing Star contest. This includes both entering and voting in the contest.
- The contest opens at 9:00 a.m. PDT on September 6, 2022. The contest closes on September 23, 2022 at 11:59 p.m. PDT. All fundraising must take place within these dates.
- The four winners will be posted to the homepage of this website on September 26, 2022. The winners will also be contacted directly by the BC SPCA to make arrangements for submitting the required photos.
- Winners will be determined according to how much they raise in their contest fundraisers. All donations must be made online and directly to your contest entry to be counted towards your contest fundraising total. To join the contest, you must create a Make My Pet a Yellow Dog Brewing Star contest entry on this website.
- If there is a tie for third place, the third place contestants will be put in a draw. The winner of the draw will get to be on the label.
- The BC SPCA reserves the right to disqualify an entry based on objectionable content or depiction of the animal or persons in a photo. Donations collected will be refunded if requested by the donors.
- All winners must provide a selection of 3-4 photos of their pet by Wednesday, October 12. Photos must meet the image requirements described below. If appropriate photos are not provided by the deadline the BC SPCA will offer the winning place to the next eligible contestant.
- By agreeing to the waiver when you enter the contest, you acknowledge and give permission to the BC SPCA to use the name, story and photo of the animal entered in future various BC SPCA publications, promotions, and materials.
- To claim their prize, winners must acknowledge and give permission to the BC SPCA and Yellow Dog Brewing to use the name, story and photos of the animal entered in future BC SPCA and Yellow Dog Brewing publications, promotions, and materials.
Image and Name Requirements for Winners
So long as an animal does not look distressed, you may enter the contest with whatever picture you choose - but winning submissions must follow the below rules to print.
- The label design includes the name of the animal. However, if a winning pet has a name that uses offensive or questionable language, or is in contradiction to BC SPCA policies, that pet’s name will not be printed.
- Winners must own the rights to the photos they provide (i.e. photos taken by professional photographers are not eligible).
- Photos must be high quality and resolution.
- Photos submitted must include only the winning animal (and no other animals or humans). The animal should be present in no less than 2/3 of the frame.
- Please ensure that the photo is sharp and in focus with a clean background.
- No images which are in conflict with BC SPCA policies or procedures can be accepted. Photos submitted must follow the Five Freedoms (spca.bc.ca/faqs/five-freedoms). If a photo is deemed ineligible, the winning contestant will have five days to submit new photos. If a usable photo cannot be produced the label will go to the next highest fundraiser.