CONGRATULATIONS to our winners! Mickey, Austin and Dopey were the top three fundraisers, and Archie won the draw for the fourth label spot. Adobo, Jinx and Nugget are the runners-up.
Thank you to each and every contestant and donor for making such an incredible impact for animals. You are all heroes!
Welcome! From September 5-24, 2023, save animals with the BC SPCA and earn your pet a spot on the label of a Yellow Dog Brewing beer (must be 19+ to participate).
You know how special your pet is - this is your chance to show people across B.C.! Not only will you be giving your companion the spotlight they deserve, your efforts will bring safety and comfort to vulnerable animals.
The top three fundraisers and one lucky draw winner will be featured. This special limited release beer will be sold province-wide in BC - and YOUR adorable pet could be the face of it.
Plus, NEW this year: All four winners and an additional three runners-up will receive a pair of custom beer glasses with their pet's face on them.
The top three fundraisers will each win a place for their pet to be featured on one of three cans in a 4-pack of a special limited release Yellow Dog Brewing beer! (One animal per label.)
The fourth label will be awarded in a draw. Each fundraiser will receive 1 entry into the draw per $100 CAD raised. A winner will be randomly selected from these entries.
The BC SPCA will present all 4 label winners with a prize that includes:
The next three highest fundraisers will receive runner-up prizes that include:
- A pair of custom beer glasses with their pet's face
- A flat (6 packs of 4) of the contest beer from Yellow Dog Brewing
- A $100 gift card and some merchandise from Yellow Dog Brewing
- A pair of custom beer glasses with their pet's face
- One 4-pack of the contest beer from Yellow Dog Brewing
- A $50 gift card and some merchandise from Yellow Dog Brewing
All prizes are shipped to winners at no cost. Beer glasses, beer, gift card and merchandise prizing is limited to contestants with a shipping address in British Columbia, Canada.*Please see the rules for full details on how to win
BC SPCA Charitable Tax # BN 11881 9036 RR0001
Prizing - Winners
- The top three fundraisers will each win a place for their pet to be featured on one of three cans in a 4-pack of a special limited release Yellow Dog Brewing beer! (One animal per label.)
- The fourth label will be awarded in a draw. Each fundraiser will receive 1 entry into the draw per $100 CAD raised. A winner will be randomly selected from these entries.
- The BC SPCA and Yellow Dog Brewing will present all 4 label winners with a prize that includes a pair of custom beer glasses with their pet's face, a flat (6 packs of 4) of the contest beer and a $100 gift card and some merchandise from Yellow Dog Brewing, all shipped to them at no cost. This prizing is limited to contestants with a shipping address in British Columbia, Canada.
Prizing - Runners-up
All prizes are limited to one prize per contest entry - the same entry cannot win multiple prizes.
- The next three highest fundraisers following the winners will receive a runner-up prize. The prize includes: a pair of custom beer glasses with their pet's face, a 4-pack of the contest beer and a $50 gift card and some merchandise from Yellow Dog Brewing. This prizing is limited to contestants with a shipping address in British Columbia, Canada. Shipping will be at no cost to the prize recipients.
- You must be 19+ years of age to participate in the Make My Pet a Yellow Dog Brewing Star contest. This includes both entering and voting in the contest.
- The contest opens at 9:00 a.m. PDT on September 5, 2023. The contest closes on September 24, 2023 at 8:00 p.m. PDT. All fundraising must take place within these dates.
- The four winners and three runners-up will be posted to the homepage of this website on September 25, 2023. The winners will also be contacted directly by the BC SPCA or Yellow Dog Brewing to make arrangements for submitting the required photos.
- Winners will be determined according to how much they raise in their contest fundraisers. To join the contest, you must create a Make My Pet a Yellow Dog Brewing Star contest entry on this website.
- If there is a tie for third place, the third place contestants will be put in a draw. The winner of the draw will get to be on the label.
- All winners and runners-up must be domesticated animals. Animals in contest photos must not be displaying any signs of distress (e.g., looking fearful or anxious). We reserve the right to ask for a new picture submission for any reason. Please see full image requirements for winners.
- The BC SPCA reserves the right to disqualify an entry based on objectionable content or depiction of the animal or persons in a photo. Donations collected will be refunded if requested by the donors.
- All winners must provide a selection of 3-4 photos of their pet by Wednesday, October 11. Photos must meet the image requirements described below. If appropriate photos are not provided by the deadline the BC SPCA will offer the winning place to the next eligible contestant.
- By agreeing to the waiver when you enter the contest, you acknowledge and give permission to the BC SPCA to use the name, story and photo of the animal entered in future various BC SPCA publications, promotions, and materials.
- To claim their prize, winners must acknowledge and give permission to the BC SPCA and Yellow Dog Brewing to use the name, story and photos of the animal entered in future BC SPCA and Yellow Dog Brewing publications, promotions, and materials.
Image and Name Requirements for WinnersSo long as an animal does not look distressed, you may enter the contest with whatever picture you choose - but winning submissions must follow the below rules to print.
- The label design includes the name of the animal. However, if a winning pet has a name that uses offensive or questionable language, or is in contradiction to BC SPCA policies, that pet's name will not be printed.
- Winners must own the rights to the photos they provide (i.e. photos taken by professional photographers are not eligible).
- Photos must be high quality and resolution. In general, they should be at least 3600x2700 pixels (or 12x9 inches) at a resolution of 300 DP.
- Photos submitted must include only the winning animal (and no other animals or humans). The animal should be present in no less than 2/3 of the frame.
- Please ensure that the photo is sharp and in focus with a clean background.
- No images which are in conflict with BC SPCA policies or procedures can be accepted. Photos submitted must follow the Five Freedoms (spca.bc.ca/faqs/five-freedoms). If a photo is deemed ineligible, the winning contestant will have five days to submit new photos. If a usable photo cannot be produced the label will go to the next highest fundraiser.
Do I have to live in B.C. to enter the contest?
You can enter the contest from anywhere. However, if your shipping address is outside of B.C. you will not be eligible to receive the physical portion of the prize (the beer, custom beer glasses, gift card and merchandise), only the spot on the label.
My pet has passed away, may I still enter him/ her?
Yes, you can; however, due to potential issues with photo quality, we recommend that you only enter if you can absolutely guarantee that your photos meet the image requirements. If they do not, the runner-up will be given your spot. If you would like your photo to be reviewed please send it to us at email@example.com.
How do I change my entry photo?
If you would like to change your entry photo, please email the new photo and a link to your contest entry to firstname.lastname@example.org.
What if there is a tie?
If there is a tie for third place, the third place contestants will be put in a draw. The winner of the draw will get to be on the label.
Will my donors receive a tax receipt?
Yes, tax receipts will be issued for all donations to the contest. Tax receipts will be emailed by the end of October.
If you are a monthly donor to the BC SPCA your contest donation will be added to your annual consolidated tax receipt.
Who can I contact for help?
Email us at email@example.com or call us at 778-786-2632. We’re here to help.