- This photo contest is only open to domestic dogs and cats. No other animals, including hybrids.
- Photos may only depict dogs or cats; no humans!
- Please don't submit any photos involving violence, including pets being aggressive with humans or other animals. Photos of this nature will be removed from the contest.
- No photoshopped pictures or graphic design works. Photographs may not be edited or altered to obscure the animal (other than minor color, contrast, or sharpness adjustments, or decorative accents).
- Born Free USA reserves the right to remove any photo submission that we deem to be inappropriate, indecent, or obscene, or that otherwise does not adhere to the rules of this contest, as determined by the staff at Born Free USA.
- If you are under the age of 18, please obtain permission from your parent or guardian before participating.
- By submitting your photo into our contest, you agree to allow Born Free USA to publish the photo online and in future publications. The copyright of each photo remains with the entrant.
- All entries must be submitted online through this GoGo Photo Contest website. Submissions must be received by 9:00PM ET on September 25, 2015. The voting will also end at this date and time.
- Photos of employees' pets are ineligible to be entered, regardless of who submits the photos.
- Employees and immediate family of employees are ineligible to participate. "Immediate family" includes all members of the employee's household (spouses/partners and children or any other relative living under the same roof) as well as parents, siblings, siblings' spouses/partners and children, and employees' children who do not live in the household.
- The entry form must be filled out in order to submit a photo to this contest.
- The fee to submit a photo is $10. You may submit as many photos as you'd like, for $10 per photo. This fee is a donation that helps Born Free USA in our work to protect wildlife.
- The fee for one vote is $1. You may vote as many times as you'd like—and for as many photo entries as you'd like—for $1 per vote.
- You may vote for your own photo submission.
- Winners for the top three prizes will be determined by the number of votes received per pet photo. Prizes will also be awarded for the top voted dog, top voted cat, most "promotes" through this contest site, and Born Free USA staff favorite. An entrant can only win for one category. If an entrant is the winner for more than one category, he or she will win the prize with the higher value.
- In the case of a tie, we will look to the number of "promotes" to break the tie. (For the "most promotes" prize category, we will look to the number of votes.)
- Once a pet photo is submitted, it will appear in the online gallery, and will be open to voting by the general public.
- All votes are donations to Born Free USA, are fully tax-deductible as permitted by law, and help support our work on behalf of wildlife.
- Due to electronic processing variables out of our control, voters should be cautious when submitting votes during the final seconds of the contest.
- Payments can be made via MasterCard and Visa.
Notification of Winners
Contest winners will be notified by email by September 30. Prizes will be mailed to the winners shortly thereafter.
For questions about the Born Free USA "Pets Go Wild for Wildlife" photo contest, please email us at email@example.com