ENTERING THE CONTEST
- This contest is open to anyone. Your photo does not have to be of a cat adopted through Cat Haven. If your kitty has passed away, you may still enter their photo in memoriam.
- Entry into the contest requires a minimum donation of $10 per photo. You may enter as many photos as you desire.
- If you donate $25 or more in the entry process, your entry will receive 15 votes to start you off! This promotion is only available in this entry process.
- All entries are required to list the name of the cat pictured in the photo and a short bio.
- Photos should be in focus and of high quality, in either jpg or png format.
- Only one cat per photo, please.
- Photos must contain only cats – NO humans.
- Submissions do not have to include costumes or Mardi Gras elements in order to be eligible to win.
- The same cat can be entered into the contest multiple times, but votes will not be combined across multiple entries of the same cat. Each photo earns votes separately.
- We cannot accept copyrighted photos or those that have altered, other than minor contrast, brightness, etc.
- Once a photo is submitted, it will appear in the online gallery and will be open to voting by the public. All entered photos become the property of Cat Haven and may be used for online, print and marketing purposes.
- Any photograph that includes content that is deemed inappropriate, obscene, etc., by the staff of Cat Haven, will be removed from the contest with no refund.
- Entries may be submitted from January 12, 2018 at 12:00 PM CST until February 2, 2018 at 12:00 PM CST.
- Donations are non-refundable and fully tax-deductible as permitted by law. Cat Haven is a 501(c)(3) non-profit organization. All entrants will receive email receipts for their contributions.
- By participating in this contest, entrants agree to release and hold harmless Cat Haven and staff members, board members, volunteers and representatives (the Released Parties) from and against any claims of any nature arising out of participation in the contest or receipt or use of any prize.
- The contest is subject to all federal, state, and local laws and regulations. Void where prohibited.
- Votes are $1 each with a minimum of 5 votes per transaction. Those votes can be cast for any submitted photo in one-vote increments. Voters do not have to use all of the votes at the time of donation. When voters donate, they will be given the option of applying all of the votes to one photo, spreading the votes over various photos, or storing votes in their account. If a voter chooses to store the votes, they can log in to their account using their ID and password and vote at a later time. All votes must be applied to selected photos by the conclusion of the voting period to be counted.
- Voting by phone is accepted. Please call (225) 636-2680 during regular office hours to vote by phone with a credit card. You MUST speak to a Cat Haven representative. We will not be able to count votes left on voice mail. Votes by phone must be received by Cat Haven no later than February 9, 2018 at 8:00 AM CST.
- We encourage everyone to share the contest link via email, Facebook and other forms of social media with your family and friends and encourage them to vote for your entry.
- All votes will be periodically tabulated and displayed on the contest website. There may be a temporary delay in displaying the most recent tabulations.
- Voting begins on January 12, 2018 at 12:00 PM CST and ends on February 9, 2018 at 12:00 PM CST*.
- Due to limitations of our automated tabulation system, there can be up to a 15-minute delay between when a donation is received/recorded and when it is reflected in the leaderboard on the contest website. All entries received before 12:00 PM CST on February 2, 2018 will be honored. The leaderboard results are official.
*The ending time for online voting will be solely determined by the host website's server. Keep in mind that your clock may differ from the clock that determines the ending time, depending on your time zone.