Our mission at the Chautauqua County Humane Society is to provide temporary shelter and rehabilitation for homeless animals for the purpose of finding permanent new homes. CCHS supports healthy pet initiatives through community involvement, humane education and animal care for people in need.
On January 9, 1905, the Chautauqua County branch of the American Society for the Prevention of Cruelty to Animals (ASPCA) was incorporated with the mandate to serve the community in the prevention of cruelty to animals. CCHS celebrated its 100th year of service at 9 am on January 5, 2005. While we remain true to our original mission, our vision has changed to include the community in which we operate. It is a vision which empowers our community to help solve today's pet overpopulation problem.
Our vision is to promote the unique virtues of CCHS so they are able to become ingrained into the fabric of the community in which we operate, which will increase adoptions and customer satisfaction and significantly decrease the number of unwanted animals that enter our community's shelter. The result will be a successful community based "No need to kill shelter."
- Conduct spay/neuter clinics in the community to significantly reduce the number of animals coming into the shelter.
- Recruit, train, retain, recognize and evaluate staff & volunteers at the level that increases our ability to care for our animals and positively influence the organization's bottom line.
- Research and implement procedures and practices that increase our ability to care for our animals and positively influence the organization's bottom line.
- Increase annual giving campaign to the level of annual operating costs.
- Increase endowment to assure the organization's financial future.
About Our Sponsors
- Media One Group is the largest radio company in Chautauqua County, with a strong regional footprint reaching Southwestern New York and Northwestern Pennsylvania. Our cluster is comprised of three FM stations and two heritage AM stations. Our programming lineup includes the best local and syndicated programs and personalities in the Adult Contemporary, News-Talk-Sports-Adult Standards, Country, Oldies and Classic Rock formats. We provide the five most diverse stations in the market, each targeted to a specific listening audience. Media One Group is the official media sponsor for the Chautauqua County Humane Society and we are thrilled to support CCHS fundraisers throughout the year!
- Happy Hounds Hotel & Day Spa offers 8,000 square feet of space for your dog to enjoy. Our facility is climate-controlled year round, to ensure the comfort and well-being of our guests. Our doggie daycare space offers ample access to fresh, clean water, webcams for pet parents to check in, and plenty of space for your dog to play.
Our premium boarding space offers four luxury suite options for your dog to relax in. Furry friends from the same family may find it more relaxing to enjoy sharing a suite; however, Happy Hounds Hotel will not board overnight dogs from different families together for safety reasons.
The day spa at Happy Hounds Hotel features two certified groomers who are committed to providing your doggie diva or canine Casanova with an unmatched grooming experience.
Happy Hounds Hotel and Day Spa is committed to providing a safe, clean and fun environment for your pet, and we will not accept anything less.