The Chautauqua County Humane Society is pleased to announce the 11th annual Hot Dogs, Cool Cats Pet Photo Contest – Playing Card Edition Presented by Happy Hounds Hotel & Day Spa, LLC, with media support provided by Media One Radio Group. The contest will allow participants to upload digital photos of their beloved companion and share a brief story with the world about their furry, scaly, or feathery friend. The contest will award prizes to entrants whose pictures and accompanying narratives are voted to be the best by the viewers through donation voting. Beginning January 1st at 12:00 a.m. log on to www.spcapets.com
, click on the link to the pet photo contest, upload your photo, and add your contact info and your comments then vote, vote, vote!
The top 23 winning entrants will have their pet's photo displayed on a playing card (54 cards to a deck, including two jokers.) website, www.spcapets.com
- The entrant with the most votes will have their entry image and pet's name featured on a face card of their choice (4 Kings, 4 Queens, 4 Jacks, or 4 Aces). The printed decks will be a 54 card, standard poker-size 2.5'' x 3.5'' deck. Winner will also have pets photo on front of card box.
- The entrants in 2nd, 3rd, and 4th place will have their entry image and pet's name featured on a face card of their choice (4 Kings, 4 Queens, 4 Jacks, or 4 Aces), given it has not already been reserved by an entrant ranking higher. First place gets first choice, second place gets second choice, third place gets third choice, and fourth place gets fourth choice.
- The next 19 winning entrants will have their entry image and pet's name featured throughout the deck. (2 cards each, including Jokers.)
Top 23 entrants will win a deck of cards. Additional decks will be for sale at The Chautauqua County Humane Society. All proceeds will be applied to the cost of caring for the homeless and neglected pets awaiting adoption at the Chautauqua County Humane Society in Jamestown, New York.
The Basics: Entering Photos & Votes
- Submit your pet's photo for FREE beginning on January 1, 2019.
- Photos are displayed on the website for voting until 9:59:59 PM (EST), February 1, 2019. Voting closes at 9:59:59 PM (EST) that day.
- Photos may contain more than one pet.
- You may enter as many photos as you want, however keep in mind that friends and family votes add up, so spreading those votes among multiple entries limits your chances of winning.
- All submitted photos are subject to review and approval by CCHS before the entry becomes visible.
- All submitted photos become the property of CCHS to be used at their discretion for any and all marketing purposes.
- We will be accepting entries and donation votes through 9:59:59 PM (EST), February 1, 2019. Voting closes at 9:59:59 PM (EST) that day.
- Each $1 donation counts as one (1) vote. There is a $5.00 minimum vote per credit card transaction.
- When you donate to vote, you will receive a "bank" of votes that then need to be applied to the entries you wish to vote for. You can place all votes on one entry, or place them on multiple entries.
- All donations from voting are non-‐refundable. Entries and donations must be made via the online contest page. Contest payments online are through a secure site.
- You are encouraged to email links to family/friends to encourage voting for your pet's photo.
- On your pet's public page, there is a "share" button that allows you to share your entry through Facebook and other social networking sites.
- All donations are non-refundable.
- The CCHS is a 501(c) (3) organization. Donations are tax deductible.
- The email acknowledgment reply to your online donation serves completely as your tax receipt.
- Mailed paper tax acknowledgements must be requested specifically by emailing to email@example.com
- Important: if your submission is low resolution or poor quality, your image may be excluded or you may be asked for a better quality image. To qualify, photo entries must be available in color, of horizontal (landscape) orientation, high resolution and able to be printed at a size of 8.5" x 11" without significant loss of quality.