Our mission at the Chautauqua County Humane Society, SPCA, is to promote the adoption of animals, prevent all forms of animal cruelty & neglect, and shelter lost, abandoned and homeless animals, and to provide education about the humane treatment of animals.
On January 9, 1905, the Chautauqua County branch of the American Society for the Prevention of Cruelty to Animals (ASPCA) was incorporated with the mandate to serve the community in the prevention of cruelty to animals. CCHS celebrated its 100th year of service at 9 am on January 5, 2005. While we remain true to our original mission, our vision has changed to include the community in which we operate. It is a vision which empowers our community to help solve today's pet overpopulation problem.
Our vision is to promote the unique virtues of CCHS so they are able to become ingrained into the fabric of the community in which we operate, which will increase adoptions and customer satisfaction and significantly decrease the number of unwanted animals that enter our community's shelter. The result will be a successful community based "No need to kill shelter."
- Conduct spay/neuter clinics in the community to significantly reduce the number of animals coming into the shelter.
- Recruit, train, retain, recognize and evaluate staff & volunteers at the level that increases our ability to care for our animals and positively influence the organization's bottom line.
- Research and implement procedures and practices that increase our ability to care for our animals and positively influence the organization's bottom line.
- Increase annual giving campaign to the level of annual operating costs.
- Increase endowment to assure the organization's financial future.
About Our Sponsor
Media One Group is the largest radio company in Chautauqua County, with a strong regional footprint reaching Southwestern New York and Northwestern Pennsylvania. Our cluster is comprised of three FM stations and two heritage AM stations. Our programming lineup includes the best local and syndicated programs and personalities in the Adult Contemporary, News-Talk-Sports-Adult Standards, Country, Oldies and Classic Rock formats. We provide the five most diverse stations in the market, each targeted to a specific listening audience.
Media One Group is thrilled to support Chautauqua County Humane Society fundraisers throughout the year!