How to Submit Photographs
- To submit a photo online, click on the Participate tab (above) and follow the directions to upload a photograph. Photos should be submitted in JPEG format. Multiple photos can be submitted, but only one photo can be submitted at a time.
- The entry donation for submitting a photo in the 2021 Crag Wild Shots Photo Contest is $10.
- Online entries must be received no later than October 1, 2021. Please note that voting closes at midnight on October 1, 2021.
- Environmental photos taken in wild places, urban areas or your backyard will be accepted and should fit into one of the following categories: Wild Places, Wild Fauna, Wild Flora.
- All photos must be submitted by the photographer who took the photo. Crag cannot accept copyrighted photos unless the owner of the copyright agrees to the usage rights of the Crag Contest.
- Once entered, you consent to give copyright and usage permission to Crag which may, at its discretion, copy, edit, publish, or modify entries for use in any and all media, without limitation or compensation to the photographer or the individuals and pets appearing in the photo. The submitter of the photo does not relinquish rights to use the photo.
The safety of people, animals and our natural environment is the number one priority. Please adhere to current Covid recommendations, be mindful of your own and others’ well-being and comfort and practice “Leave No Trace” when taking photos to be submitted for this contest.
Vote for Your Favorites
You can win prizes by encouraging people - including friends and family - to vote for your photo! The top three recipients of the most votes in each category will be eligible to win a variety of prizes.
How Voting Works
Once a photo is submitted, it will appear in the online gallery and be open to voting by the general public. Votes are $1 each, with a minimum $5 donation for five votes. All votes for photo submissions will be tabulated and displayed online. Votes can be cast for any submitted photo in one-vote increments. Voters are given the option of applying all of the votes to one photo, spreading their votes over various photos, or storing votes in their account for later use. All votes must be applied to selected photos by the conclusion of the voting period to be counted.
The online voting period will end at Midnight PST on October 1, 2021. A clock will be displayed on the contest web page during the final day of the contest. Winners will be determined based on the number of votes appearing on the website at the close of voting. Note: There may be a gap of 15 minutes from when a vote is cast to when it appears online. Voters are urged to cast their votes at least 15 minutes before the contest ends. Crag is not liable for votes not appearing on the website and cannot refund donations for votes that do not appear after the deadline has passed. All votes and entry are donations to Crag Law Center and are fully tax-deductible as permitted by law.
Note for Prize Winners: All taxes on prizes, including but not limited to federal, state and local taxes, are the responsibility of the winners. Please consult your tax adviser for additional information. Crag may, at its sole discretion, choose to substitute a prize of equal or greater value in the event the offered prize is unavailable. Prizes are not redeemable for cash or exchangeable.
Questions? Contact Crag’s Development Team: (503) 525-2724, email email@example.com