All entries and votes must be submitted by the deadlines listed below in order to be included in the final vote count.
- Your pet does NOT have to be adopted from the Central Texas SPCA or any other shelter, to be eligible to enter the contest. People are NOT allowed in photos, but photos of cats, dogs, small mammals, reptiles, birds and other small companion pets are accepted.
- Photos of wildlife are not eligible.
- Photo entries must be no smaller than 1575 pixels x 2100 pixels, in RGB, .jpg or .eps format. Photos must be high resolution for printing purposes. If you are taking photos with your phone, please be sure to capture your image at the highest possible setting in order to meet resolution criteria.
- Multiple animals are allowed in one photo.
- Employees and Board Members of the Central Texas SPCA are welcome to submit photographs and encouraged to fundraise but are not eligible for prizes.
- All photo submissions must be digital, as printed photos and Polaroids are unlikely to be high enough quality to be displayed.
- By submitting a photo entry, you warrant and represent that your entry is your own original work created by you and that you own or otherwise control all rights to your entry materials. If you submit an entry that is copyrighted by another individual, you are responsible for any legal action the copyright holder takes against you.
- By participating in the Contest, entrants agree to release and hold harmless Central Texas SPCA and the contest Sponsors and each of their respective officers, directors, representatives, volunteers and agents (the Released Parties) from and against any claims of any nature arising out of participation in the Contest or receipt or use of any prize.
- We cannot accept photos with digital overlays, photo stickers, doodles or any digital effects.
- Once entered, photo submissions become the property of the Central Texas SPCA to be used at its discretion for print and marketing purposes.
- The Central Texas SPCA reserves the right to decline publication of any photograph for any reason. Should this happen, we will notify you. The Central Texas SPCA has final approval on all photos submitted and reserves the right to replace an animal's photograph to overcome production issues.
- The submission and voting periods begin on October 1, 2020, at 12:01 a.m. CST, and ends October 30, 2020, at 8 p.m. CST.
- Winners will be announced on Facebook and Twitter by November 1. Winners will be contacted by email (first) or phone (alternatively) by the first week of November.
Each vote costs $1. You must purchase a minimum of five votes at a time for a minimum charge of $5 and there is no limit to the number of votes one may cast for the duration of the contest, You may vote for your own photo. Online voting begins as soon as the photo is registered and ends October 30 at 8 p.m. CST.