You must submit a photo of your diabetic cat(s) and include:
- Name(s) of cat(s) and other animal species in the photo.
- Your name and email address.
- A short paragraph that tells voters something fun or interesting about the cat(s) and other animals in the photo. Which cat is diabetic? Is one or more a DCIN rescue? How long have the animals been a part of your family? Give some interesting information about the animal(s) in the photo that will encourage others to vote for your photo.
The photos must fit the following criteria:
- The photo must include at least one current or former diabetic cat.
- Other animals are welcome in the photo.
- No people or people parts (such as faces, hands, legs, or laps) in the photo, please.
- No text, dates, or other embellishments on the photo. Please edit those out before submitting your photo.
- Please submit high resolution JPEG files with a minimum size of 1024 x 768 and a camera equivalent of 3 megapixels. Please avoid low-quality cell phone photos. Images from Facebook may not be good resolution—please submit original photos only.
- Please submit well lit and sharply focused photos. Guidelines for taking good pet photos are at http://digital-photography-school.com/9-pet-photography-tips/.
- Each request costs $10.
- If you want to reserve a calendar day, the photo must be able to fit well into a date box. You may use a photo other than the one submitted to the calendar contest. The caption cannot exceed 28 characters. Dates are first-come-first-served.
- If you reserve a calendar day, you do not also need to enter your cat in the calendar contest.
- Reserve-a-day cats must be diabetic kitties.
- Each entry is a $5 donation.
- All photos must be uploaded. Sorry, we cannot accept hard copies.
- You must own the copyright to the photograph, and by entering you permit DCIN to print the photo in its calendar.
- DCIN reserves the right to modify or clarify any of the contest rules during the term of the contest without advance notice.
- Entries and votes will be taken from October 1, 2015 at 12:00:00 AM, Eastern time until October 30, 2015 at 11:59:59 PM, Eastern time. (For our friends on the US west coast, that ending time is 9 PM your time.)
- Each vote is $1 and the top six photos will win the prizes stated on the contest home page. A panel of judges comprising diabetic cat caregivers will select the remaining photos for the calendar. DCIN hopes to include the photos of all submissions in the calendar.
- Don't wait until the literal last minute to try to place votes. If your request doesn't go through in time, your votes won't be counted.
- The cat who wins the cover slot cannot win the cover slot again for two years following his/her win. (E.g., the cat who won the cover for the 2015 calendar can't win again until the 2018 calendar.) The cat can still be entered into the contest and is still able to win one of the other Top Cat spots (positions 2 - 6).
Diabetic Cats in Need is an IRS-recognized 501(c)(3) (see our “about” page). Donations are eligible as charitable contributions on US tax returns in accordance with legal requirements. All donations are non-refundable. Please contact firstname.lastname@example.org with any questions.