You must submit a photo of your diabetic cat(s) and include:
- Name(s) of cat(s) and other animals in the photo.
- Your name and email address.
- A short paragraph that tells voters something fun or interesting about the cat(s) and other animals in the photo. Which cat is diabetic? Is one or more a DCIN rescue? How long have the animals been a part of your family? Give some interesting information about the animal(s) in the photo that will encourage others to vote for your photo.
The photos must fit the following criteria:
- The photo must include at least one current or former diabetic cat (GA kitties are very welcome!).
- Other animals are welcome in the photo.
- No full people in the photo, please. (Hands, legs, etc. are okay – just nothing to detract from the photo of the cat!)
- No text, dates, or other embellishments on the photo. Please edit those out before submitting your photo.
- Please submit high resolution JPEG files with a minimum size of 1024 x 768 and a camera equivalent of 3 megapixels. Please avoid low-quality cell phone photos. Images from Facebook may not be good resolution—please submit original photos only.
- Please submit well-lit and sharply focused photos. Guidelines for taking good pet photos are at http://digital-photography-school.com/9-pet-photography-tips/.
- Each entry is a $5 donation.
- You may also reserve a calendar date for a $10 donation per date – first-come basis! Please DO NOT CHOOSE holidays.
- All photos must be uploaded. Sorry, we cannot accept hard copies.
- You must own the copyright to the photograph; by entering you permit DCIN to print the photo in its calendar. DCIN will sell these calendars as a means to raise funds to help diabetic kitties in need.
- DCIN reserves the right to modify or clarify any of the contest rules during the term of the contest without advance notice.
- Entries and votes will be taken from 12:00:00 AM (Eastern Time) on Sunday, September 25, 2022 until 9:00:00 PM (Eastern Time) on Sunday, October 30, 2022.
- Each vote is $1, and the six photos with the most votes at the end of the voting period will win the prizes stated on the contest home page. THERE WILL BE ONLY 6 WINNERS. Ties will be broken by GoGo vote timestamp. DCIN intends to include the photos of all submissions in the calendar, space and design permitting.
Diabetic Cats in Need is an IRS-recognized 501(c)(3) (see our “about” page). Donations are eligible as charitable contributions on US tax returns in accordance with legal requirements. All donations are non-refundable. Please contact email@example.com with any questions.