How to Enter:To enter the contest,
click on the "Participate" tab above. All photo submissions must include:
- Name and Breed of Pet
- Owner's Name
- Owner's Email Address
- Owner's Mailing Address
- City and State
- A paragraph (limited to 125 words), which tells voters something fun or interesting about your pet. Remember that if your pet wins, this will be shared in our calendar, so be sure to make it engaging!
The Entry Donation Fee for this contest is $25 (non/refundable) per photo entered. You may enter as many photos as you would like. The $25 fee per photo includes entry into the contest, a copy of the final printed calendar (price includes postage and handling) and five votes to get your pet started in the contest. If your dog or cat doesn't make the final cut, you will still get a terrific calendar and the good feeling of knowing that you are supporting Dominion Animal's "A Second Chance Pet Fund".
Note: The animal(s) entered in the contest must be living in the care of the owner submitting the entry. (The photo calendar contest is meant to celebrate the pets that are with us. Please consider reserving a calendar date in memory of an animal that has passed away. See information on the Home Page).
Eligible Pet Photographs
- All photos must be uploaded to this site; we cannot accept printed photos.
- Photo entries must be unaltered, color, high-resolution digital photos in a JPG format and must not include any added digital effects. If capturing photos with a smartphone, make sure it is HDR (high definition) and the minimum file size is 2MB, or your digital camera is on its highest setting, so that your photo is able to print well at an 8.5" x 11" size. Images should be at least 2MB and up to 7MB.
- Entries must be in horizontal/landscape orientation. If capturing photos with a smartphone, do not use square or pano composition setting.
- Photos may contain only one pet.
- Photos with red eyes or glowing eyes will not be accepted.
- Photos with dogs wearing choke, prong, or shock collars will not be accepted.
- Photos submitted must be entrant's original creative content, must not be from a professional studio or infringe on any third party's intellectual property or privacy rights.
- Photographs must either feature pets owned by the entrant, OR the entrant must have permission from the pet's owner to submit their pet's image.
- All eligible photos submitted by Tuesday, October 17, 2018 will be included in the 2019 calendar.
- By submitting your photo to our contest, you agree to allow Dominion Animal Hospital to use your photo on our website and social media for the purpose of raising funds for our "A Second Chance Pet Fund".
A Few Tips:
Make sure your dog and/or cat is in focus, that your photo is not over- or under-exposed (too light or too dark) and take more than one photo so you can select the best one.
Calendar Photo Selections
- Dominion Animal Hospital has final approval on all photos submitted to our website and/or calendar and will give consideration to all submissions for various prominent locations throughout the calendar. 12 photos will be selected as winners – one for each month of the calendar and the Grand Prize winner will be featured on the cover and in the month of January. Several runners-up will be featured as inset squares for each month.
- Any image that includes people, or content that is deemed inappropriate, indecent or obscene, as determined by the staff of Dominion Animal Hospital, will be removed from the Photo Fundraiser. If this happens, we will contact you to see if the photo can be replaced with a new one.
- Dominion Animal Hospital reserves the right to crop, resize, or edit a photo if necessary.
Contest Entry and Campaign Dates:
The Photo Submission Period starts on Tuesday, September 11, 2018 at 8:00 am EDT and ends on Wednesday, October 17, 2018 at 12:00 Midnight EDT.
The Voting Period begins on Tuesday, September 11, 2018 at 8:00 am EDT and ends on Wednesday, October 17, 2018 at 12:00 Midnight EDT.
Vote for Your Favorites
Once a photo is submitted, it will appear in the online gallery on Dominion Animal Hospital's calendar contest website, and will be open to voting by the general public. Votes are $1 each, with a minimum $5 donation for 5 votes
. All votes for photo submissions will be tabulated and displayed online. To vote online
, click the "Participate" tab above.
- Donate a minimum of $5 for five votes. Those votes can then be cast for any submitted photo in one-vote increments. Voters do not have to use all the votes at the time of donation. When voters donate, they will be given the option of applying all the votes to one photo, spreading their votes over various photos, or storing votes in their account. If a voter chooses to store the votes, voter can log in to their account using their ID and password and vote at a later time.
- All votes must be applied to selected photos by the conclusion of the voting period to be counted.
- Entrants are welcome and encouraged to vote for their own photo.
- We encourage you to email a link to your photo(s) to friends and family asking them to vote for your lovable pet. Also let them know that their votes help with the care of animals in need.
- All donations are non-refundable.
- All proceeds from the Calendar Photo Contest and Calendar Sales will go toward Dominion Animal Hospital's Second Chance Fund.
Contest winners will be notified by email or phone call within 7 to 10 days of the contest end date. They will also be posted on our Facebook page. If winners cannot be contacted, or in the event of noncompliance with these Fundraiser rules and requirements, the prize will be forfeited and an alternate winner will be selected. Upon prize forfeiture, no compensation will be given. Limit one (1) prize per person or household.
By participating in this contest, entrants agree to release and hold harmless Dominion Animal Hospital and each of their officers, directors, representatives, volunteers and agents (the Released Parties) from and against any claims of any nature arising out of participation in the contest or receipt or use of any prize.
Dominion Animal Hospital (DAH) reserves the right, in its sole discretion, to cancel, terminate, modify, or suspend this Fundraiser should (in its sole discretion) viruses, bugs, non-authorized human intervention, fraud or other causes beyond its control corrupt or affect the administration, security, fairness or proper conduct of the Fundraiser. In such case, DAH will select the winner from all eligible entries received prior to and/or after (if appropriate) the action taken by DAH. DAH reserves the right, at its sole discretion, to disqualify any individual it finds, in its sole discretion, to be tampering with the entry process or the operation of the Fundraiser or website.
The contest is subject to all federal, state, and local laws and regulations. Void where prohibited.
Questions regarding Dominion Animal Hospital's "A Second Chance Fund"?
or call (703) 437-6900. *The ending time for online voting will be solely determined by the host website's server. Keep in mind that your clock may differ from the clock that determines the ending time, depending on your time zone. Dominion Animal Hospital's time zone is EDT.