You may find our FAQ page
helpful to review before entering!
Rules – Entering a Photo
- All photos of cats must depict them in an indoor setting.
- People are not allowed in your photo, only pets.
- All photos must be in color.
- Your photo may contain more than one pet.
- We cannot accept Polaroid, poor quality, or any copyrighted or professional photos.
- Photos of cats, dogs, horses, small mammals and birds are accepted. Your pet does NOT have to be adopted from the Dumb Friends League to be eligible to enter this contest!
- To be considered as a featured month photo, all cats or dogs in your photo MUST be wearing tags and collars. If we love your photo but your pet has no collar and tag, we may Photoshop them in.
- To be considered as a featured month photo, photos should be high resolution (3650 pixels x 2740 pixels and landscape orientation is preferred). Generally, photos taken with mobile phones are not high-enough quality.
- Entries can be submitted online before July 25, 2014 at 5:00 p.m. MDT.
- Entries can be submitted in person at the Quebec Street shelter, or by mail, and must be received by 1:00 p.m. MDT on July 25, 2014.
- Once entered, photos become the property of the Dumb Friends League to be used for print and marketing purposes.
Rules - Voting
- Public votes for photo entries can be submitted online before July 25, 2014, 5:00 p.m. MDT*.
- Public votes can be submitted in person at the Quebec Street shelter, or by mail, and must be received by 1:00 p.m. MDT on July 25, 2014.
*The ending time for the online voting portion will be solely determined by the host website’s server, or the Dumb Friends League business clock if submitted in person. Keep in mind your clock may differ from the clock that determines the ending time.