You may find our FAQ page
helpful to review before entering!
Rules – Entering a Photo
- Photos of cats, dogs, horses, small mammals and birds are accepted. Your pet does NOT have to be adopted from the Dumb Friends League to be eligible to enter this contest.
- Your photo may contain more than one pet.
- People are not allowed in your photo, only pets.
- All photos of cats must depict them in an indoor setting.
- We cannot accept Polaroids, photos with digital overlays, photo stickers or doodles, or any copyrighted or professional photos.
- To be considered as a Pet of the Month photo, all cats or dogs in your photo MUST be wearing tags and collars. Please refer to the FAQ page for details on this issue.
- Photos must be high resolution (3650 pixels x 2740 pixels is preferred for printing purposes). Generally, photos taken with mobile phones are not high-enough resolution. Photos should be in .JPEG format.
- Once entered, photos become the property of the Dumb Friends League to be used for print and marketing purposes.
- Online entries must be submitted before August 1, 2016, at 5:00 p.m. MDT.
- Mail-in or in-person entries must be received by 1:00 p.m. MDT on August 1, 2016, at the Quebec Street Shelter.
Rules - Voting
- Online votes for photo entries must be submitted before August 1, 2016, at 5:00 p.m. MDT*.
- Mail-in or in-person votes must be received by 1:00 p.m. MDT on August 1, 2016, at the Quebec Street Shelter.
*The ending time for the online voting portion will be solely determined by the host website’s server, or the Dumb Friends League business clock if submitted in person. Keep in mind your clock may differ from the clock that determines the ending time.