COOLEST DOG IN DURANGO CONTEST RULES
Durango's Top Dog & Coolest Cat Contest is open to anyone in the known universe 21-years-old or older who would like to enter their dog and/or cat to compete for the coveted title of "Top Dog" or "Coolest Cat" in Durango" for 2021.
Submit a photo of your dog and/or cat. Provide a few short sentences why your dog/cat is the coolest of the cool. Photos should be digital and sharp enough to look good on the internet. No photos of people please, just your dog or cat. Photos should be in focus to show off your amazing pooch or kitty.
There is a $10 fee to post your dog/cat, but you automatically receive 10 votes when you enter your pet! If you have multiple dogs or cats (or dog & cat), you will need to take separate photos of each and post them separately. The $10 posting fee applies to each dog and/or each cat you enter.
You are encouraged to have your friends, relatives, and co-workers go to the contest website and vote for your dog/cat. You are able to vote as many times as you'd like too.
Votes cost $1.00 per vote with no maximum on how many votes a person can buy. For example, you can give 100 votes to your favorite dog and/or cat by donating $100 in a single transaction via the website and come back to the site as many times as you want and donate votes as often as you'd like.
A quarter of the proceeds from the fundraiser will be awarded to Parker's Animal Rescue (formerly Lisa Parker's Puppies), a local non-profit 501 (c)(3) launched in 2014 and has a diverse team of foster homes and volunteers able to help dogs in need. Parker's Animal Rescue strives to rescue, foster, and find permanent loving homes for abandoned dogs and puppies in La Plata County and the rural Four Corners region. The overriding principals of the organization are to educate the public on the importance of spay and neutering, and educating pet owners on the proper stewardship and teaching of animals.
Durango's Top Dog & Coolest Cat Contest will officially launch June 24, 2021 and end on July 24, 2021
Winners will be announced the week of August 23, 2021
Prizes will be awarded to the Top 3 Dogs
AND the Top 3 Cats
that receive the most votes. Top Dog -- First Place
AND Coolest Cat – First Place:
- The dog and with the most votes in its category (dog or cat) will be crowned Durango's "TOP Dog" and "Coolest Cat" for 2021.
- The winning dog and cat will (separately) be prominently featured on the front label of a favorite beer brewed by Steamworks Brewing Company – the Colorado Kolsch (How cool is that?!)! The dog owner and the cat owner will each have the opportunity to help choose the name of the beer (one for the dog & one for the cat) (subject to approval).
- The winning dog and cat will each be professionally photographed (separately) by Allison Ragsdale Photography and featured on the Chamber website and other partner websites.
- The winning dog AND cat will EACH receive a gift certificate from Pet Haus valued at $400.
- The top dog and cat winners may be asked to attend promotional events and be available for interviews by the news media.
- The dog and cat with the second highest number of votes in its category (dog or cat) will be deemed the "Second Top Dog in Durango" and "Second Coolest Cat in Durango" for 2020.
- The second place dog and cat will EACH be featured on the back label of the special Steamworks beer for its category (either dog or cat).
- The second place dog and cat will each be professionally photographed (separately) by Allison Ragsdale Photography and featured on the Chamber website and other partner websites.
- The second place dog AND cat will EACH receive a gift certificate from Pet Haus valued at $200.
- In the event that the first place dog or first place cat is unable or unwilling to fulfill all of the roles and responsibilities of being the Top Dog or Coolest Cat in Durango, the second place dog or second place cat (respectively) will assume that title and receive all of the benefits described above.
- The dog or cat with the third highest number of votes in its category will be deemed the "Third Top Dog" and "Third Coolest Cat" in Durango" for 2021.
- The third place dog and cat will be featured on the back label of the special Steamwork's beer in its respective category (dog or cat).
- The third place dog and cat will each be professionally photographed (separately) by Allison Ragsdale Photography and featured on the Chamber website and other partner websites.
- The third place dog AND cat will EACH receive a gift certificate from Pet Haus valued at $100.
How to Enter and How to Vote
All entries will be made on-line by visiting the contest website and following the directions for entering dogs or cats in the contest and voting. Contest payments online are through a secure site.
There is a $10 fee to enter your dog or cat, which automatically gives your dog or cat 10 votes. Entry fees are per category (dog or cat).
Additional votes cost $1 per vote (per category – dog or cat) and can be made in any number throughout the run of the contest.
We encourage you to share your contest page link with family and friends through email and social media encouraging them to vote for your favorite contestant's photo.
All donations for votes are non-refundable and not tax deductible (there was a vote in exchange for the donation). Entries and donations must be made via the online contest page.
Donations and photo entries for this online contest that are submitted via other means (US mail, in-person or by other means) will be accepted as donations but not applied toward the contest.
This fundraiser is being conducted by The Durango Chamber of Commerce. Our partners include: Alpine Bank, Steamworks Brewing Company, Four Corners Broadcasting, Durango Herald, Pet Haus, Marketing Concepts Squared, and Allison Ragsdale Photography.
The Durango Chamber of Commerce will attempt to notify the top three vote-getters for each category (dog & cat) via telephone or email during the week of August 2, 2021.
If the winner(s) cannot be contacted within seven (7) days after the date of the first attempt and after multiple attempts thereafter, the Sponsor may select an alternate winner from the next highest vote-getter.
Participation in the Contest constitutes entrants agreement to and acceptance of these Official Rules and the decisions of the Sponsor, which are final. Winning a prize is contingent upon being compliant with these Official Rules.
Employees of the Durango Chamber of Commerce and all sponsors and their "immediate family members," are ineligible to participate in this Contest. "Immediate family members" include: husband, wife, parents, children, siblings and any other members of the employee's household.
Laws and Limitations of Liability
This is the required "fine print." All federal, state, local, and municipal laws and regulations apply.
Participation in the Contest constitutes agreement to and acceptance of these Official Rules and the decisions of the Sponsor, which are final and binding. Winning a prize is contingent upon being compliant with these Official Rules and fulfilling all other requirements of the contest.
In the event that the operation of the Contest is impaired in any way for any reason, the Durango Chamber of Commerce (Main Sponsor) may, in its sole discretion, either (a) suspend the Contest to address the impairment and then resume the contest in a manner that best conforms to the spirit of these Official Rules or (b) terminate the contest and, in the event of termination, award the prize from among the eligible, legitimate entries received up to the time of the impairment. The Durango Chamber of Commerce (Main Sponsor) reserves the right in its sole discretion to disqualify any individual it finds to be tampering with the entry process or the operation of the Contest or to be acting in violation of these Official Rules or in an unsportsmanlike or disruptive or offensive manner.
By participating in the Contest, entrants agree to release and hold harmless the Main Sponsor, all other Sponsors, and each of their respective parents, subsidiaries, affiliates, advertising and promotion agencies, other companies associated with the contest, and each of their respective officers, directors, employees, shareholders, representatives, and agents (the Released Parties) from and against any claim or cause of action arising out of participation in the Contest or receipt or use of the prize(s).