- Each entry is $5. Entry donations are non-refundable.
- Entries must be made via the online contest page. Online payments are made through a secure site.
- Only dogs may be entered for the calendar photo contest. Limit of 1 dog per photo entry.
- People are not allowed in entry photos, only your personal dog. You must be the legal owner of the dog. If you have more than one dog, you may enter each one separately. Photo entries that do not follow these rules will not be eligible to win with no opportunity for a refund.
- By entering your dog’s photo, you agree to the use of the image for marketing and promotional purposes.
- Your dog does not have to live along the Elizabeth River Watershed, but should be local, or available to travel, to Hampton Roads for their portrait session if chosen as one of the top 13 winners.
- Posting more than one photo of your dog does not increase the chances of winning. The winners of the photo contest will be determined by the top 13 entries that receive the most votes. The same pet can only win once. Attempts to win two spots in the calendar by the same pet are not permitted.
- All photos must be uploaded; we cannot accept printed photos. Acceptable pictures must be in .jpg format and must be in color. The pet featured in the picture may not be edited or altered, other than minor color, contrast, or sharpness adjustments. We cannot accept heavily edited photos, photos with stickers/graphics, or photos with writing. We cannot accept any copyrighted or professional photos.
- Contest entry fees are tax deductible. The email acknowledgment to your online donation serves as your tax receipt.
- Any photograph that includes content that is deemed inappropriate, indecent, obscene, or in violation of contest rules, as determined by Windhound Photography at its sole discretion, will be removed from the contest with no opportunity for a refund.
- The photo submission period begins at 9:00:00 AM (Eastern Time) on Saturday, April 15, 2023 and ends at 11:59:59 PM (Eastern Time) on Wednesday, May 31, 2023.
- Each $1 counts as one (1) vote. Voting donations are non-refundable.
- Voting donations must be made via the online contest page. Online payments are made through a secure site.
- Contest votes are tax deductible. The email acknowledgment to your online donation serves as your tax receipt.
- All winners will be determined by electronic vote tabulations under the supervision of GoGo Photo Contest (www.gogophotocontest.com), whose decisions are final and binding.
- The voting period begins at 9:00:00 AM (Eastern Time) on Saturday, April 15, 2023 and ends at 9:00:00 PM (Eastern Time) on Saturday, June 3, 2023.
Calendar Photo Session:
- The top 13 vote-getters will win a professional, on-location photo session by Windhound Photography at a pre-selected location in the Hampton Roads area during the months of June and July.
- The winning participants will be contacted by Windhound Photography and given instructions on claiming their photo session date and location.
- If you are unable to commit to a photo session during those times, if your pet is ill, injured or deceased, or you are unable to travel to the pre-selected locations, your winning spot will be forfeited and the next top vote getter will take your pet's spot in the calendar, no exceptions.
- The top vote recipient will win the coveted cover photo for the 2024 calendar. The following 12 recipients with the most votes will have their pet featured as a “pet of the month.”
- Windhound Photography, at its sole discretion, will select the image to be used in the calendar as well the month the image will appear.
- The dog receiving the highest number of new votes during each mini-session competition will win a mini-contest prize from a participating local business.
- Each dog may only win one mini-contest prize.
- In the event of a tie, a random computerized draw will be held between the highest vote getters during the mini-contest to determine the winner.
- In the event there are no new votes during the mini-contest timeframe, a random computerized draw will be held for all eligible pets.
- Certain individual business restrictions and limitations may apply and may vary by business. Windhound Photography and the Elizabeth River Project are not responsible for these restrictions and eligibility requirements as determined by the participating business.
The Fine Print:
By submitting a photo entry, you warrant and represent that your entry is your own original work created by you and that you own or otherwise control all rights to your entry materials. If you submit an entry that is copyrighted by another individual, you are responsible for any legal action the copyright holder takes against you.
By participating in the Contest, entrants agree to release and hold harmless the Elizabeth River Project and Windhound Photography and each of their respective officers, directors, representatives, volunteers and agents from and against any claims of any nature arising out of participation in the Contest or receipt or use of any prize.
Calendars will be available for sale to the general public in October 2023.