Contest Submission Entries
- Contest is open to any FAR alum, dog or cat.
- The contest will begin taking photo submissions at 12:00:00 AM (US Mountain Time) on Wednesday, June 15, 2022 and includes one calendar.
- There is a $30 registration fee per submission, which is considered a tax-deductible donation to FAR.
- For best online display, your image should be at least 96dpi and 1MB and clearly show your pet's face.
- No limit on number of entries per household; however, if you submit images of the same pet and more than one image gets top votes, your pet will only have one spot on the calendar.
- A maximum of one pet per single photo entry, please.
- Submissions must include:
- Name of your pet
- Former name while at FAR, if known
- Adoption date, if known
- Owner's name
- Owner's e-mail address
- A brief paragraph of something fun, interesting or special about your pet. This may be shared if your pet wins.
- By submitting, you attest that you own the copyright to the image and can submit for contest purposes. If submitting a professional photo, please provide a print release authorization from the photographer/studio.
- By submitting, you acknowledge you give permission to Foothills Animal Rescue to use the name, story and image of your pet in future Foothills Animal Rescue marketing.
1. Voting opens at 12:00:00 AM (US Mountain Time) on Wednesday, June 15, 2022.
2. Votes are open to the public and are $1 donation per vote. All voting donations are tax deductible and are non-refundable.
3. All entries and votes must be received by the close of the contest, at 11:59:59 PM (US Mountain Time) on Wednesday, July 13, 2022.
4. The name of the game is as many votes as you can get! Share the link on social media! E-mail the contest info! Help your pet win and FAR reach our fundraising goal.
Winner Selection & Actions
Winners will be chosen by popular vote; the top 13 dog and/or cat images with most votes will secure a featured month on the calendar:
- Top vote will get the cover!
- Each subsequent month will be in order of votes achieved:
- January – second place
- February – third place
- And so forth.
- In the event of a tie, Foothills Animal staff will vote to break the tie and/or a month may feature two pets.
Top winners will be scheduled for a professional studio-style photo shoot for the calendar with Maren Sater Photography.
- Winners agree to come on site for the shoot on one of the following dates:
- Saturday, August 6th
- Saturday, August 13th
- Photoshoot will be held at Foothills Animal Rescue, 10197 E Bell Rd, Scottsdale, AZ (in the Basha's parking lot).
- Photoshoot must be completed by September 1st to ensure time for print production of the calendar.