Friends of Oakland Animal Services (FOAS) wants to hear why there is “No Place Like Home” with your adopted animals. Our 2022 calendar will feature the winning photos along with your stories.
Enter your favorite photo of your Pet to win one of 12 coveted spots in the 2022 Calendar. The top vote earner will be on the cover of the calendar and will also be featured on one month, with the remaining eleven featured one per month. At least the top 4 dogs and top 4 cats will earn spots in the calendar, and 2 spots are reserved for “other” animals. FOAS reserves the right to fill the “other” category with cats or dogs if we do not receive enough “other” entries.
We invite you to join the fun by participating in this special fundraiser. All proceeds will go toward our mission: Providing homes, health, and happiness to Oakland's animals. The contest winners will be determined by public online voting.
Rules for Entering:
You must submit a high resolution photo of your pet and include:
- Name of Pet
- Your First and Last Name
- Your City and State
- Your email
- A paragraph that tells voters why there is “No Place Like Home” with your pet. Is it cuddling up for a nap, or playing with toys, or maybe snack time? How does your pet pal make your home whole? (If possible, have your photo match this happy activity.)
- All photos must be uploaded. Sorry, we cannot accept hard copies.
- Photos of any type of rescued animal are accepted.
- Your pet does NOT have to be adopted from Oakland Animal Services to be eligible to enter this contest.
- Your photo may contain more than one pet.
- People are not allowed in your photo, only pets.
- We cannot accept photos with digital overlays, photo stickers or doodles, or any copyrighted or professional photos.
- Photos must be high resolution (3650 pixels x 2740 pixels is preferred for printing purposes). Additional photos may be requested from winners if the submission is not high resolution enough.
- JPG is the only acceptable format.
- Any image that includes content that is deemed inappropriate, indecent, or obscene, as determined by FOAS, or otherwise does not adhere to the rules will be removed from the Calendar Fundraiser.
- Once entered, photos become the property of the Oakland Animal Services and may be used for print and marketing purposes. Photographs must not be from a professional studio or copyrighted.
- Online entries must be submitted before Tuesday, September 14th, 2021, at 8:00 p.m. PST.
Once a pet photo is submitted, it will appear in the online gallery, and be open to voting by the general public.