CITY OF WEST PALM BEACH and GRASSY WATERS CONSERVANCY
GRASSY WATERS PRESERVE 2015 PHOTOGRAPHY CONTEST
- The intent of this contest is to showcase the natural environment and wildlife in Grassy Waters Preserve (Preserve).
- By submitting an entry the photographer affirms that it was taken in the Preserve.
- All entries must be original images taken by the photographer.
- The contest is intended for amateur photographers only. Entries by professionals (someone whose primary income is from photography) will be disqualified.
- By submitting entries the photographer is granting perpetual rights to the City of West Palm Beach (WPB) and Grassy Waters Conservancy (GWC) to reproduce and exhibit the submitted images without compensation. Reasonable attempt will be made to credit the photographer. The photographer retains their copyright for other uses.
- WPB and GWC take no responsibility for lost or damaged entries.
- Preserve staff, GWC Directors and Officers, and contest Judges are not eligible to enter. Volunteers and contractors are eligible.
- An entry deemed ineligible at the sole discretion of the judges, will be disqualified and the entry fee not refunded.
- By submitting an entry the photographer agrees to abide by all contest rules, and waives all claims of any kind against the organizers and judges of the contest.
HOW TO ENTER:
- Entries may be submitted beginning February 2, 2015 and must be received by February 28, 2015.
- All entries must be submitted through the contest website grassywaters.org.
- Each photographer may submit up to ten (10) images.
- The entry fee is ten dollars ($10) per image.
- All images shall be in digital JPEG or TIFF format.
JUDGING AND AWARDS:
- Images should reflect the diversity of the Preserve including: wildlife, natural habitats, animal behavior, plant life, weather, seasons, and relationships between people and nature.
- Judging will be by Preserve and GWC staff, and a professional nature photographer.
- A Grand Prize winner will be selected by the professional judge, one “Nature Center’s Choice” will be selected by the Preserve staff, and additional images will be selected for recognition.
- All recognized photos will be printed and exhibited during March 2015.
- The Grand Prize winner will be awarded an individual Preserve photo excursion. All recognized photographers will be awarded a group Preserve photo excursion. Dates to be determined.
- The photo selected “Nature Center’s Choice” will be used on the Preserve’s annual poster.
Any questions should be emailed to email@example.com.