Thank you for your interest in the Home at Last Dog Rescue's 7th Annual Calendar Contest!
- Photos must contain at least 1 Home At Last Dog Rescue adopted dog to win the Grand Prize and to be featured as the "Dog of the Month"
- Photos may contain one or more Home at Last Dog Rescue Alumni
- No Cat Photos
- Photos must be in color AND high resolution
- Photos must contain only dogs (no people)
- Photos must be horizontal (landscape) format
- Photographs must either feature dogs owned by the entrant, OR the entrant must have permission from the dog's owner to submit their dog's image, AND must own the copyright to the photograph.
Home At Last Dog Rescue reserves the right to deny any photo submission for any reason and a full refund of the entry donation will be provided.
Tips for Taking a "Calendar Worthy" Picture
- Get your dog to look at the camera, preferably at eye level.
- Try to shoot in natural light instead of relying on your flash.
- Avoid heavily cluttered backgrounds; you want the focus to be your dog.
- Beware of shooting in direct sunlight as it increases shadows.
- If your dog is dark colored, take the photo in front of a lighter background.
- If your dog is light colored, take the photo in front of a darker background.
Entry Fee & Period
Each photo entry is a $15 tax deductible donation
to Home At Last Dog Rescue.
Have more than one dog or great photo to share? We encourage multiple entries!
You can submit your photos to the content starting 7:00:00 AM (Eastern Time) on Monday, July 24, 2023
until 11:59:59 PM (Eastern Time) on Sunday, August 6, 2023.
Voting will begin on 7:00:00 AM (Eastern Time) on Monday, August 7, 2023
and end on 11:59:59 PM (Eastern Time) on Sunday, August 27, 2023.
Votes are $1 each, with a minimum $5 tax-deductible donation for 5 votes.
The dog with the most votes wins the coveted Calendar cover AND a month of their choice to have a photo collage of their pup! Second Place
The dog with the second most votes wins a month of their choice to have a photo collage of their pup. Third Place
The dog with the third most votes wins a half page photo collage of their pup. 4th - 10th Place
The dogs in fourth through tenth place will have their photo be included throughout the calendar as larger images.
Send an email with Subject Line "Photo Contest" to firstname.lastname@example.org