You can enter photos of your cats, dogs, horses, small mammals and birds! Your pet does NOT have to be adopted from the Houston SPCA to be eligible to enter this contest. The registration fee is $25 per photo and includes a free 2020 Houston SPCA Calendar! You can have more than one pet in each photo, but please – No Hoomans! Photos need to be at least 300dpi and at least 1MB in size. Photos must be high resolution (3650 pixels x 2740 pixels is preferred for printing purposes).
You pet is perfect, so please, no filtered/photoshopped or altered images. You can only submit photos that you have the rights to reproduce. Online entries must be received by 11:59 p.m. CT on September 4, 2019.
The event coordinator reserves the right to request a different photo if the above criteria are not met.
*Each registration fee includes one copy of the 2020 Houston SPCA Calendar.
Each vote only costs $1, with a minimum of 5 votes for $5 per submission. You, your friends and family can cast as many votes as you want-there is no limit!! Online voting begins just as soon as the photo is registered and ends at 11:59 p.m. CT on September 4, 2019.
Prizes will be awarded based on fundraising totals. Grand prize will be awarded to the participant who raises the most donations for homeless pets! The top twelve winners will receive a full-page monthly placement within the Houston SPCA 2020 calendar.
Please keep in mind that there may be a 15 minute delay between when a gift is received/recorded and when it is reflected online. Winners will be notified by email on or about September 5, 2019.
Grand Prize: Houston’s Hottest pet photo will be featured in Pet Talk Magazine, a private, local photo session, an exclusive gift package (valued at $200), and the cover spot as well as month of choice, in the Houston SPCA 2020 Calendar.
Rules – Entering a Photo
- We look forward to seeing your photos of cats, dogs, horses, small mammals and birds! Your pet does NOT have to be adopted from the Houston SPCA to be eligible to enter this contest.
- Your photo may contain more than one pet.
- People are not allowed in your photo, only pets.
- All photos of cats must depict them in an indoor setting.
- We cannot accept Polaroids, photos with digital overlays, photo stickers or doodles, or any copyrighted photos.
- Contest participants are responsible for ensuring that they have the right to submit the photos being entered in the contest. By submitting to the contest, you affirm that you are the photographer, or have been given unrestricted use permission by the photographer, to include the photo.
- Photos must be high resolution (3650 pixels x 2740 pixels is preferred for printing purposes).
- Once entered, photos become the property of the Houston SPCA to be used for print and marketing purposes.
- Online entries must be submitted before 11:59 p.m. CT on September 4, 2019.
Rules - Voting
- Online votes for photo entries must be submitted before September 4, 2019, at 11:59 p.m. CT*.
*The cut-off time for online voting will be solely determined by the host website’s server, or the Houston SPCA’s business clock if submitted in person. Keep in mind your clock may differ from the clock that determines the ending time.