Contest has ended. Pacific Time

About Us

The Los Angeles Fire Department Foundation (LAFD Foundation) is the non-profit organization that provides funding for the needs of our city’s firefighters. Approximately 97% of the city’s budget for the Los Angeles Fire Department (LAFD) is allocated to necessary personnel costs. This leaves just 3% to cover the cost of essential equipment, new technology, and training resources needed to keep our firefighters safe, and allowing them to do their jobs effectively. 

That’s where we step in.

The LAFD Foundation exists to bridge the budget gap by raising funds to provide our firefighters the tools, equipment and resources they need to protect homes and save lives.

FUNDS RAISED HERE WILL SUPPORT THE LAFD K9 THERAPY PROGRAM.

First responders endure significant stress and trauma on a daily basis. The canine therapy dogs will be deployed to critical incidents and situations to help the LAFD personnel manage the stress and emotions they are experiencing.

The LAFD Foundation's goal is to secure the funding for the canine training, medical care, and long term needs of the dogs.

YEAR-ROUND FUNDRAISING

The Foundation supports each of the LAFD’s 3,500 firefighters by providing important tools and equipment. In some cases, this means replacing dated equipment with newer, better solutions. Past examples include lightweight brush helmets, carcinogen-containment gear bags, powerful flashlights and durable hydration backpacks (photo left).

Other ways our organization assists the department in maintaining exceptional fire protection and emergency medical services is by providing equipment like night-vision goggles, advanced unmanned aerial systems (drones) and swift-water rescue boats. Learn more about our organization at supportlafd.org.

 
Your browser does not have JavaScript enabled. Please enable JavaScript to view and participate in the contest.
Farmers Insurance
Copyright © 2022 GGPC, LLC. Powered By GoGo Photo Contest