- To submit your pet's photo, a minimum $20 donation/entry fee is required.
- Entries are limited to one photo per entry fee and must be submitted online. No offline submissions will be taken. You may submit as many online entries as you like.
- Your pet does not have to be adopted from The Humane Society to be eligible to enter this contest.
- You can email links to family/friends to encourage voting for your pet's photo.
- On your pet's public page, there is a "share" button that allows you to share your entry through Facebook and other social networking sites.
- Once entered, all photos become the property of the Humane Society of Memphis & Shelby County and can be used, edited, or modified for print or marketing purposes.
- Any photo or caption deemed inappropriate as determined by the staff of the Humane Society will be removed from the photo contest.
- All donations for submissions are final.
- Please ensure that the photo is sharp and in focus with a clean background.
- All entries must be in color and contain at least one pet – dog or cat. Sorry, no humans allowed.
- Important: if your submission is low resolution or poor quality, your image may be excluded, or you may be asked for a better-quality image. To qualify, photo entries must be available in color, of horizontal (landscape) orientation, high resolution and able to be printed at a size of 8.5" x 11" without significant loss of quality.
- Pets who are shown outside:
- Dogs in photographs taken outdoors must be shown wearing a collar and ID tag.
- Cats in photographs taken outdoors must be shown in a safe environment wearing an ID tag.
- If your entry was taken by a professional photographer, please include a signed copyright release from the photographer with your entry.
- If photos include pets not owned by the person entering the photo, the entrant must receive written permission from the pet's owner for usage in the contest.
- Each dollar donated to a pet's campaign represents one vote ($1 = 1 vote).
- Due to processing costs, a minimum $5 donation is required.
- All donations are tax-deductible.
- All donations for voting on the photo contest are final.
- When you donate to vote, you will receive a "bank" of votes that then need to be applied to the entries you wish to vote for. You can place all votes on one entry or vote for multiple entries.
- All votes must be applied to selected photos by the conclusion of the voting period to be counted.
- Online entries must be submitted before 11:59:59 PM CST on Friday August 12, 2020.
- Votes must be submitted before 11:59:59 PM CST on Saturday August 13, 2020.
- Contest winners will need to re-submit their photo to Humane Society as a high resolution, print quality image. Please note: some phone photos will not meet these standards. Winners will be notified where to send photos after August 15.
- If appropriate print quality photos are not provided by the deadline, Humane Society will offer the spot in the calendar to the next runner up.
All proceeds will go toward the Humane Society of Memphis and Shelby County's mission of caring for animals that have been injured, abused and neglected. All donations are non-refundable. Humane Society is a 501(c) (3) organization. Donations are tax-deductible.