SUBMIT YOUR PHOTO
To enter your pet in HSOP's online photo contest, you must provide information about your pet and yourself then upload your photograph. There is a required $5 minimum donation to enter. A new entry fee is required for each photo you enter.
- Pets did NOT have to be adopted from the Humane Society of Parkersburg (HSOP) to be eligible to enter this contest.
- Photos may contain more than one pet.
- Only pets in the photos - no people allowed.
- There is no limit to the number of photos that may be submitted.
- No professional or copyrighted photos permitted.
- Once entered, photos become the property of the HSOP to be used for print and marketing purposes.
- Contest runs from noon EST July 26, 2017, through 10:00 pm EST September 15, 2017.
- Any inappropriate images submitted will be removed immediately with no opportunity for a refund.
- Pets will receive 1 vote for every $1 donated.
- Voting requires a minimum donation of $5 (for 5 votes).
- You do not have to use all of your votes at the time of the donation. You may store your votes and use them at a later date in the contest.
- The pictures with the most votes (donations) at the end of the contest period will win!
When you enter the Calendar Contest, you warrant that the photograph is original, that you are the sole owner and copyright holder of that photograph and that you have not granted exclusive rights of that photograph to any other person or entity. You also warrant that the photograph does not invade the right of privacy of any individual; does not infringe any trademark, trade name, trade secret, intellectual property right, or other common law or statutory right; nor does it contain any material that otherwise violates any criminal prohibition or the personal or proprietary rights of any person or entity.
GRANT OF RIGHTS IN CONNECTION WITH THE CONTEST
With regard to any image or content submitted, you agree to grant HSOP, its legal representatives, successors and assigns the nonexclusive right and permission to use, modify, adapt, reproduce, publish and distribute the photograph or any portion thereof, throughout the world, in any printed form and by any kind of mechanical or electronic or any other method or device of reproduction, publication and distribution known or later developed during the full term of the copyright and without notification or payment in connection with HSOP's Calendar Contest. HSOP agrees that it will never sell the photograph or rights in the photograph to any individual or entity.
GRANT OF RIGHTS FOR ADDITIONAL PURPOSES
By entering the contest you also agree to grant to HSOP, its legal representatives, successors and assigns the nonexclusive right and permission to use, modify, adapt, reproduce, publish and distribute the photograph or any portion thereof throughout the world in any printed form and by any kind of mechanical or electronic or any method or device of reproduction, publication and distribution known or later developed, during the full term of copyright and without notification or payment. HSOP also agrees that it will never sell the photograph or rights in the photograph to any individual or entity.
Releases are not responsible for printing, typographical, human or other errors of any kind in any contest-related materials or for stolen, lost, late, misdirected, damaged, incomplete or illegible entries. If, for any reason, the Contest are not capable of running as planned or infection by computer viruses, bugs or tampering, unauthorized intervention, fraud, actions of entrants, technical failures or any other causes corrupt or infect the administration, security, fairness, integrity or proper conduct of the contests, HSOP reserves the right at its sole discretion to disqualify any entry or entrant and/or to cancel, terminate, modify or suspend the contests and at its sole discretion award a prize from among all eligible non-suspect entries validly received prior to the action requiring such modification. By entering, all contestants agree that the contests are governed by laws of the state of West Virginia for the resolution of all claims and disputes (excluding any claims against or disputes involving parties other than HSOP relating to any prize awarded in the contest).
All submitted photos and information become the property of the HSOP to be used at their discretion for any and all marketing purposes without any additional compensation. If the person submitting the photo is not the pet's owner, they must receive permission to submit the photo by the pet owner.