How much is the entry fee?
- The entry fee is $20 per photo; it includes 20 votes towards your entry photo.
How many photos can I enter?
- One pet per submission, multiple pets required their own entries.
What are the eligibility requirements?
- Photos of cats, dogs, horses, small mammals, reptiles, and birds are accepted.
- Your pet does NOT have to be adopted from Humane Society London & Middlesex to be eligible to enter the contest.
- Photos must only contain pets (no people or wildlife).
- Photos must feature pets owned by the photographer OR the entrant must have permission to submit the photo.
Can I enter professional photos of my pet?
- Yes, but you MUST obtain permission from the photographer to enter the photo in the contest
How many votes do I need to have my pet featured on a month spread in the calendar?
- The top 12 vote-getters will each get a featured month spread in the 2023 calendar.
How do I vote for a pet's photo?
- $1 = 1 vote. You can vote for your own pet's photo(s) as many times as you'd like! (minimum vote $10).
- Vote online:
- Click on the View Entries and Vote link. Search the pet's name and click on their photo. You can then cast your vote(s) on the pet's page!
- The deadline to cast votes is at 12:00:00 PM (Eastern Time) on Monday, May 30, 2022.
- Easily share your pet's photo entry on social media by using the buttons on their page. Share with your friends and family and get them to vote!
- Vote by phone:
- Call 519-451-0630 x 222 during business hours to vote by phone with a credit card.
- Phone votes must be received by 2 hours prior to the ending of the contest.
How does the leader board work?
- The top vote-getters will be featured on the homepage of the Calendar Photo Contest website throughout the contest.
- Then, based on their position at the end of the contest, top vote-getters will each win a month spread in the 2023 calendar, a photo shoot with Danielle Mahoney Photography, and a free copy of the 2023 calendar. Month selection will be based on the final position at the end of the contest. First place gets first choice, second place, second choice, and so on.
How will I know I won?
- The winners will be the Top 12 entries on the leader board at 12:00:00 PM (Eastern Time) on Monday, May 30, 2022. You can check the leader board to see how your pet's photo is doing in the contest.
Will I receive a tax receipt for voting?
- Tax receipts will be issued for all donations over $10. In order to receive your tax receipt please include your correct mailing and email address when you cast your votes. Official tax receipts will be sent once the contest is closed.
How do I purchase an HSLM 2023 Calendar?
- Calendar sales start in the Fall of 2023 through the HSLM online store, at our Pet Gift locations, and in the shelter. For pre-order click here.
Question not answered here? Please contact Claire Belsheim at email@example.com