HOW TO SUBMIT PHOTOGRAPHS
All photos become the property of Humane Society Silicon Valley.
- The minimum donation required to submit a photo to Humane Society Silicon Valley's 2017 Tails & Ales Photo Contest is $10 per photo. You may submit as many photographs as you like!
- To submit a photo, click on the participate tab above and follow the directions to upload your photograph. Entries must be received by October 13, 2017 at 11:59:59 PM PST (voting ends at the same time).
- All eligible photos submitted by October 13, 2017 may be included in the 2018 Tails & Ales collateral.
- Donations are fully tax-deductible as permitted by law. Humane Society Silicon Valley is a 501(c)(3) non-profit organization. All entrants will receive receipts for their contributions via mail or email.
- Acceptable photo formats are .jpg, .bmp, .png, and .tif
- Photos may contain one or more pets
- Photos must:
- be in color
- contain only pets (no people)
- Any image that includes people, or content that is deemed inappropriate, indecent or obscene, as determined by the staff of Humane Society Silicon Valley, will be removed from the Photo Contest.
- Photographs may not be edited or altered (other than minor color, contrast, or sharpness adjustments.)
- Photographs must either feature pets owned (past or present) by the entrant, fostered by entrant, OR the entrant must have permission from the pet's owner to submit their pet's image.
WINNING PHOTO SELECTIONS
- The winners from each category; Dog, Cat and Rabbit or Pocket Pet will become our brand ambassadors for next year’s Tails & Ales contest and event. Their images will be rendered in graphic design and featured on 2018 Tails & Ales marketing materials!
- If the winning photo contains more than one pet, the winning entrant will work with Humane Society Silicon Valley staff to pick one animal’s image to serve as the 2018 ambassador.
VOTE FOR YOUR FAVORITESYou can win special prizes by having friends and family vote for your pet's photo. The recipient of the most votes in each category will be the Tails & Ales brand ambassadors for 2018 (specific rules apply).
- Once a photo is submitted, it will appear in the online gallery on Humane Society Silicon Valley's website, and be open to voting by the general public. Votes are $1 each, with a minimum $5 donation for five votes.
- All votes for photo submissions will be tabulated and displayed online.
- To vote online, click on the participate tab above. The online voting period will end October 13, 2017 at 11:59:59 PM PST.
- Donate a minimum of $5 for five votes.
- Those votes can then be cast for any submitted photo in one-vote increments.
- Voters do not have to use all of the votes at the time of donation.
- When voters donate, they will be given the option of applying all of the votes to one photo, spreading their votes over various photos, or storing votes in their account.
- If a voter chooses to store the votes, the voter can log in to their account using their ID (email address) and password and vote at a later time. All votes must be applied to selected photos by the conclusion of the voting period to be counted.
- The voting period ends on October 13, 2017 at 11:59:59 PM PST. On the last day of the contest, a countdown clock will appear prominently on the home page.
- The top photograph from each category with the most votes at the end of the submission period will win the the Photo Contest and be announced on October 14, 2017.
- All votes are donations to Humane Society Silicon Valley and are fully tax-deductible as permitted by law. Humane Society Silicon Valley is a 501(c)(3) non-profit organization. All entrants will receive receipts for their contributions via mail or email.
& Terms of Service