- Only photographs of companion animals will be selected. Companion animals may include dogs, cats, rabbits, hamsters, gerbils, ferrets, guinea pigs, rats, mice, birds and horses. All animals must be depicted in a humane and dignified manner.
- Photos should include your pet/s only. NO HUMANS PLEASE. Animal group shots are acceptable. Your pet does not have to be a shelter animal to be eligible.
- We ask that you send only well-focused, sharp images that are high resolution (300 dpi and above – 3300 pixels by 2550 pixels – or 8.5 x 11)
- Color and Black/White photos are acceptable
- If your entry was taken by a professional or commercial photographer, you must send a signed copyright release to email@example.com.
- ALL PHOTOS SHOULD BE HORIZONTAL/LANDSCAPE format.
How to Enter:
Enter Online – Fill out our entry form
, upload your photo, submit your form of payment for entry fee and any other required fields and you're good to go! Your $16 entry donation includes a 13-Month Full Color Calendar with YOUR PET IN IT, guaranteed! Plus it benefits all the pets at the Idaho Humane Society!
The Idaho Humane Society is looking for a few special pets to fill the pages of our Friends for Life 2018 Calendar. Top vote-getters in Three Categories (DOGS – top 6; CATS – top 2; OTHER PET – top 1) will represent a month in the Friends for Life 2018 Calendar
(each winning a separate month unless photo rules/resolution are not met, then an alternate may be chosen by the Idaho Humane Society).
The Fine Print:
- Administrative staff of the Idaho Humane Society are disqualified from the contest portion of the annual calendar fundraiser, but IHS general employees and volunteers are encouraged to participate.
- One Monthly Model winner per household/entrant. Other high vote-getters by the same entrant will be moved to Runners-Up category.
- All photos become the property of the Idaho Humane Society and may be used and/or altered for the 2018 calendar and for other fundraising efforts connected to the calendar.
- The Idaho Humane Society will not be responsible for incomplete, misdirected or illegible entries, or for failure to receive entries due to transmission failures or technical failures of any kind, including, without limitation, malfunctioning of any network, hardware or software, whether originating with sender or Idaho Humane Society.
- By participating, entrants agree to be bound by these Official Rules and the decisions of the Idaho Humane Society. We reserve the right to disqualify persons found tampering with or otherwise abusing any aspect of this contest as solely determined by Idaho Humane Society. In the event the contest is compromised by a virus, non-authorized human intervention, tampering or other causes beyond the reasonable control of Idaho Humane Society which corrupts or impairs the administration, security, fairness or proper operation of the contest, Idaho Humane Society reserves the right in its sole discretion to suspend, modify or terminate the 2018 Friends for Life Calendar Contest. Should the contest be terminated prior to the stated expiration date, the Idaho Humane Society reserves the right to pick the winners based on the entries received before the termination date.
A Few Tips for Taking a Great Photo:
- Location & Background - Look for a location where your pet will be relaxed and natural. Photograph your pet against a color that contrasts with his coat. Simple backgrounds often work best.
- Windows to the Soul - Focus on your pet's eyes, as they will convey his personality best. Avoid shooting in low light situations where flash is required and your pet's eyes are likely to glow.
- Ebony & Ivory – When working with dark animals, make adjustments to properly expose the image. When photographing pets with very light coats, make sure the lighting is not too bright.
- Patience is a Virtue – Don't get frustrated, stay relaxed and have fun and your pet will too. You might want to enlist a helper or use a special toy to get your pet to look into the camera. Remember, it may take many shots to get that perfect picture, so start clicking!
For more information write: Pawprints@idahohumanesociety.org
or call Will at 208.345.7258.