2022 Calendar Contest Rules – The Humane Society of Kitchener Waterloo & Stratford Perth Contest Entry
- To submit your pet's photo, a minimum $10.00 entry donation is required. This amount will enter you into the contest. The entry fee will be included in the overall funds donated to your campaign.
- Entries are limited to one photo per entry fee and must be submitted online. You may submit as many entries as you like however, each entry will have a separate fee.
- Any photo or caption deemed inappropriate as determined by the staff of the Humane Society of Kitchener Waterloo & Stratford Perth will be removed from the photo contest.
- Entries and voting will be accepted on the contest website from 8:00 am EST July 1, 2021 until 10:00 pm EST July 30, 2021.
- Your pet does not have to be adopted from the Humane Society of Kitchener Waterloo & Stratford Perth to be eligible to enter this contest. Please include in your pet's bio if they are an alumnus of our humane society.
- All $10 entry donations are eligible for a tax receipt. Please note you MUST provide your full address, name, and email in order to receive a tax receipt.
- If there is a tie in votes for any of the top twelve spots, the tie breaker will be determined by the individual who submitted their entry first and this will be displayed accordingly on the home page under the Leaderboard.
- The Kitchener Waterloo & Stratford Perth Humane Society cares for all animals and we would love to see a variety of animals entered into our contest. Due to the photoshoot aspect of the contest, we ask that you limit your entry to dogs, cats, and small animals that are able to be photographed by Victor Rose Photography. If you have any questions or concerns about whether or not you can enter your pet, please email email@example.com
Please note if your pet is amongst the top 12 winners you must be able to physically bring your pet to Victor Rose Photography's Studio
on 299 Northfield Drive East (Unit 4), Waterloo ON, N2K 4H2
in order to have their pictures taken between August 5th to August 8th.
Prior to entering our contest, we ask that all participants ensure they are able to meet this requirement. Photo Requirements
- All photos must be submitted by the photographer who took the photo. Photos with copyrights must receive the express consent of the owner of the copyright for usage rights in the KWSPHS pet photo contest.
- Once your photo is submitted as an entry, you warrant and represent that your entry is your own work and that you own or control all rights to the entry materials. If a copyrighted entry is submitted, you are responsible for any legal action the copyright holder takes against you. You agree to indemnify Kitchener Waterloo & Stratford Perth Humane Society and hold them harmless and against any claims of any nature arising in connection with the Calendar Photo Contest.
- If photos include pets not owned by the person entering the photo, the entrant must receive written permission from the pet's owner for usage in the contest. We ask that all photos be of their pet only.
- All photographs must be digital, no mailed photos will be accepted.
- Please ensure all uploaded photos of your pet are current images!
Entries that showcase their pet outside must include:
- Dogs must have their collar and ID tag visible in the image.
- Cats must be shown in a safe and suitable environment (catio/enclosure) with a harness and ID tag visible.
- Domestic birds must be shown indoors only.
: All photos become the property of the Kitchener Waterloo & Stratford Perth Humane Society. The KWSP Humane Society reserves the right to disqualify the image at any time if deemed unsuitable. By submitting a photo in the KWSP Humane Society's 2022 Calendar Photo Contest, the artist agrees to give and grant the Kitchener Waterloo & Stratford Perth Humane Society, unlimited authorization, consent and permission to publish and use any and all information provided about the animal along with the images in any and all future marketing or printing purposes. Contest Voting
- Votes will cost $1.00 with a minimum charge of $5.00 (due to processing fees)
- Prizes will be given to the top three entries with the most votes.
- Those donating $10.00 or more will receive a full tax receipt post-event. Please note in order to receive the tax receipt we require your full name, address, and email.
- All donations to the photo contest are final.
- All votes must be applied to selected photos by the conclusion of the voting period (July 30th at 10:00 pm EST) to be counted.
- You may vote for your own entry and online voting will begin as soon as the photo is fully registered.
- An email address is required to make an online donation so a receipt of payment can be sent to the donor. If you would not like to receive KWSPHS news and solicitations via email in the future, there is a checkbox that you can un-check at the time of your donation.
- Online entries and votes must be submitted before 10:00 PM EST on Saturday, July 30th, 2021.
- The twelve winners with the highest number of votes will be asked to bring their pet to Victor Rose Photography's Studio on 299 Northfield Drive East (Unit 4), Waterloo ON, N2K 4H2 in order to have their pictures taken from August 5th to August 8th (subject to change due to COVID-19 updates).
- Participants outside of Kitchener Waterloo must be able to travel to Victor Rose Photography's Studio in order to get their photo taken for the Calendar. If this need cannot be met, the next in line to win (thirteenth place and on), will be called forward.
- The Kitchener Waterloo & Stratford Perth Humane Society serves and cares for all animals and we would love to see a variety of animals entered into our contest! All featured animals in our 2022 calendar will be chosen by the community (our voters) and not by the KWSP Humane Society.