ENTERING A PHOTOGRAPH
- Entering a photo is FREE!
- To submit a photo, click on the Participate tab above and follow the directions to upload a photograph of your pet. All online entries and votes must be received by July 31, 2018, 8:59:59 PM EDT.
- Photos must be submitted online. We apologize, but we cannot accept hard copy photos.
- Your animal need not be a rescue pet to qualify.
- All entries and photographs become the property of the Leon County Humane Society (LCHS) to be used at their discretion for any and all purposes without compensation. By submitting a photo entry, you warrant and represent that your entry is your own original work created by you and that you own or otherwise control all of the rights to your entry materials. If you submit an entry that is copyrighted by another individual, you are responsible for any legal action the copyright holder takes against you.
- Registration information shared by participants when creating an account to submit a photo entry will be kept strictly confidential by the Leon County Humane Society.
- We cannot accept Polaroid photos, copyrighted professional photographs or computer generated images.
- You may enter as many photos as you like.
- Photos may contain one or more pets
- Photos must:
- be in one of the following formats: .jpg or .png
- be clear, of good quality and high resolution — 300 dpi or higher — and no greater than 5MB.
- At the discretion of LCHS, you may be asked to provide an alternative image should your entry be unsuitable for reproduction in print format. If an acceptable alternative image is not available, you and your pet will be required to attend a photo session with a professional photographer at no cost to you. The photo of your pet included in the calendar will be one of those taken during that session.
- be in color
- contain ONLY pets (NO people, please)
- If you submit a portrait oriented photo, it may be cropped to accommodate calendar layout.
- Any image that includes content that is deemed inappropriate, indecent or obscene, as determined by the staff of the Leon County Humane Society, will be removed from the Paw Prints Calendar Photo Fundraiser.
- Photographs may not be edited or altered (other than minor color, contrast, or sharpness adjustments)
- Photographs must either feature pets owned by the entrant, OR the entrant must have permission from the pet’s owner to submit their pet’s image.
VOTE FOR ENTRIES
- If you submit a photo to the contest, you can email links to your family and friends to encourage voting for your photo. On your pet's public page, there is a "share" button that allows you to share your entry through Facebook and other social networking sites. Ask all of your friends and family to vote for your favorite photo and Share! Share! Share!
- Votes are $1 each.
- Voting is open to everyone.
- You may vote for your own pet.
- All votes for photo submissions will be tabulated and displayed online.
- To vote online, click on the Participate tab above. The online voting period will end July 31, 2018, 8:59:59 PM EDT. Voting requires a $1 donation for each vote. Feel free to cast multiple votes, and allocate them however you wish! Voters do not have to use all of the votes at the time of donation. When voters donate, they will be given the option of applying all of the votes to one photo, spreading their votes over various photos, or storing votes in their account. If a voter chooses to store the votes, voter can log in to their account using their ID and password and vote at a later time. All votes must be applied to selected photos by the conclusion of the voting period to be counted.
- Voting by mail is accepted. Votes by mail and phone must be received by the Leon County Humane Society no later than July 28, 2018, 5:00 PM EDT. Mail-in votes should be sent to: Leon County Humane Society, Attn. Paw Prints Calendar Photo Fundraiser, 413 Timberlane Road, Tallahassee, FL 32312. Envelopes must include your phone number, donation by check, the pet and entrant names, and your written request to apply your enclosed donation towards votes for them in the 2018 Paw Prints Calendar Photo Fundraiser.
- Voting by phone is accepted. Please call (850) 2249193 during regular office hours to vote by phone with a credit card. Votes by phone must be received by the Leon County Humane Society no later than July 27, 2018, 5:00 PM PST.
- Ending time for the Photo Fundraiser will be determined by the host website’s server, which will show prominently on the Paw Prints Calendar Photo Fundraiser website as a countdown clock on the last day of the fundraiser.
- All votes are donations to the Leon County Humane Society and are fully tax-deductible as permitted by law. The email acknowledgment to your online donation serves as your tax receipt. Mailed paper receipts can be requested by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org.
2019 PAW PRINTS CALENDARS
- We plan for the 2019 Paw Prints Calendar to be available for distribution by October, 2018. Information about acquiring calendars will be available on LCHS’s website and Facebook page.
- The 13 single photo entries with the most votes will be eligible to have that photo featured as a full-page pet of the month OR as the calendar cover, with the top vote-getter selecting from the cover or any of the 12 months, the 2nd highest vote-getter selecting from whichever spots the first place winner did not choose, and so forth.
- All 1st and 2nd place winners will have the opportunity to have their pet professionally photographed by AGoldPhoto on August 11, 2018 or August 12, 2018. 1st and 2nd place Winners MUST be available on one of those dates to be eligible to receive a pet photo shoot with AGoldPhoto.
- The next 12 highest vote-getters after our top 13 (the “Runners UP”) will be eligible to have their submitted photo featured as a 3.5” x 5” size photo on a single month, with each Runner Up receiving their choice of the available months in order of the vote total from highest to lowest.
- In the event of a tied number of votes, the tie will go to the entry that achieved the tied vote total first.
- By participating in the Paw Prints Calendar Photo Fundraiser, entrants agree to release and hold harmless the Leon County Humane Society and the Paw Prints Calendar Photo Fundraiser Sponsors and each of their respective officers, directors, representatives, volunteers and agents (the Released Parties) from and against any claims of any nature arising out of participation in the Paw Prints Calendar Photo Fundraiser or receipt or use of any prize.
- The Paw Prints Calendar Photo Fundraiser is subject to all federal, state, and local laws and regulations. Void where prohibited.
The cover photo and all pet of the month winners will be scheduled for and MUST be available for their photo sessions on either August 11 or August 12 of 2018. An LCHS representative will schedule each winner.
- The Leon County Humane Society reserves the right to make all final decisions with regard to pet of the month and cover photo selections.
RESERVED DAY PHOTOS
- Reservations are $10 per day.
- Reserved Day photos are assigned on a first come, first served basis.
- One photo per day. You may reserve as many days as you like.
- Once a date has been reserved, it will no longer be available.
- Reserving a day does not enter that photo in the contest.
- You may use the same photo in both the contest and to reserve a day.
- Depending on the day reserved, your photo may have a small icon or short amount of text overlaid on it.
- Reserve a day here!
Please contact email@example.com or (850) 224-9193.