Please visit our FAQ page for helpful tips prior to entering.
How It Works:
Votes will determine where your pet's photo will be featured in our calendar. The entry period is from Wednesday, May 22, 2019 12:00 am PDT to Wednesday, July 3, 2019 5:00 pm PDT.
There are 13 full page opportunities to win; the cover and each month. In order to feature many species of animals in the calendar, entries will be divided into 3 categories: dogs, cats, and other (any other domestic animal such as a bird, reptile, small companion animal, etc.) The overall top fundraiser will be featured on the cover, with the next 4 spots from each category featured as a Pet of the Month in the 2020 Marin Humane Calendar. Entries must receive a minimum of 25 votes to be eligible for
the cover or a month in the calendar Please review the image specifications below to ensure your photo meets the requirements for a full-page image.
In the event of a tie or insufficient number of eligible entries in any category, Marin Humane reserves the right to select an alternate image.
All proceeds from entry fees and votes help us provide shelter and care for the animals at Marin Humane.
How To Enter Photographs:
- There is a $25 fee for submitting a photo to be included in the Marin Humane 2020 Photo Calendar. You may submit multiple photos by paying a $25 entry fee for each.
- You may make an additional donation during the entry process. Each dollar counts as one vote.
- To submit photos, click on the Participate tab above and follow the directions to upload a photo of your pet. Entries can only be made online and entries close at 5:00 PM PDT on July 3, 2019.
- All eligible photos submitted by July 3, 2019 will be included in the 2020 calendar, either in a thumbnail collage page or as a full-page Pet of the Month.
- Donations are tax-deductible as permitted by law. Marin Humane is a 501(c)(3) non-profit organization. All entrants will receive email receipts for their contributions.
- All entrants will receive a printed calendar.
- Marin Humane reserves the right to disqualify an entry that features objectionable content. Registration fees and donations (votes) will not be refunded.
- By submitting a photo, you acknowledge and give permission for Marin Humane to use the name, story, and photo of the animal in future publications, including but not limited to, the 2020 Marin Humane calendar.
- Photos must be high resolution (300 dpi) with a minimum file size of 4mb, and in a standard file format. Please note that many smartphone photos do not meet these standards.
- Photos may contain one or more pets.
- Photos may not contain people.
- Photos must be in color.
- Photos will be cropped into a square to meet the calendar design.
- To be considered for the cover or as Pet of the Month, all cats must be shown inside or in an enclosure and all dogs shown outside MUST be wearing tags and collars. If your entry is one of the top vote getters but your pet does not have a collar or tag (and we do appreciate that some angles and fur hide collars), we will ask for another photo or edit the photo to add a collar.
- If your pet wins Pet of the Month, but the photo is poor quality or does not meet our requirements, we will request a new photo which must be provided by July 10, 2019 to meet the calendar printing deadlines. Otherwise, we reserve the right to feature an alternative photo.
- (Online voting will end Wednesday, July 3, 2019, 9:00 pm PDT.) To vote online, click on the Participate tab above.
- Each $1 donation counts as one vote. You can vote on one entry or divide them among multiple entries.
- Votes made on the contest site for photo submissions will be tabulated and displayed in real time.
- Votes made outside the contest site (mail, credit card or Facebook fundraiser) will be added by the end of the next business day. Please note that offline voting ends Friday, June 28, 2019 at 5PM PDT. Votes received after this time will not be counted.
- All donations (votes) are non-refundable.
- Marin Humane is a 501(c) (3) organization. Donations are tax deductible to the extent permitted by law.
- The email acknowledgment reply to your online donation is your tax receipt.
- Offline donation votes will be acknowledged via mail.
- Voting by mail, phone or Facebook fundraiser will be accepted and must be received by Marin Humane no later than Friday, June 28, 2019 5 PM PDT.
- Mail-in votes should be sent to: Marin Humane, Attn. Development, 171 Bel Marin Keys Blvd. Novato, CA 94949. Mail votes must include your phone number, donation, the pet and entrant names, and your written request to apply your donation toward votes in the 2020 Photo Fundraiser
- To vote by phone with a credit card, please call 415.506.6231 during regular office hours, before 5PM on June 28, 2019 PDT.
- Voting via a Facebook Fundraiser can only be set up by the photo entrant. The voting deadline for Facebook Fundraisers will be also be Friday, June 28, 2019 5:00 pm PDT.