You may find our FAQ page helpful to review before entering.
How It Works:
Votes will determine if your pet's photo will be featured in our calendar. The entry period is from Tuesday, May 26, 2020 12:00 am PDT to Friday, June 26, 2020, 5:00 pm PDT.
There are 13 full pages to win (the cover and each month). In order to feature all kinds of animals in the calendar, there are 3 categories: dogs, cats, and other (any other domestic animal such as a bird, reptile, small companion animal, etc.) The overall top fundraiser will be awarded the cover, with the next four spots from each category being awarded a full page Pet of the Month page in the 2021 Marin Humane Calendar. Please see the image specifications in the following section to ensure your photo will meet the requirements for a full page image.
All proceeds from entry fees and votes will help us provide shelter and care for the animals at Marin Humane.
How To Enter Photographs:
- There is a $25 fee for submitting a photo to be included in the Marin Humane 2021 Photo Calendar. You may submit as many photographs as you like.
- You may make an additional donation during the entry process with each dollar counting as one vote.
- To submit photos, click on the Participate tab above and follow the directions to upload a photograph of your pet. Entries can only be made online and must be received by June 26, 2020 5:00 pm PDT.
- All eligible photos submitted by June 26, 2020 will be included in the 2021 calendar, either in a collage page or as a full page Pet of the Month.
- Donations are fully tax-deductible as permitted by law. Marin Humane is a 501(c)(3) non-profit organization. All entrants will receive email receipts for their contributions.
- All entrants will receive a copy of the calendar.
- Marin Humane reserves the right to disqualify an entry based on objectionable content or depiction of an animal. The registration fee will not be refunded. Donations (votes) will be refunded upon request of the donor.
- All photos become the property of Marin Humane and by submitting a photo, you acknowledge and give permission to Marin Humane to use the name, story and photo of the animal in future publications, including the 2021 Marin Humane calendar.
- Ideally, photos should be high resolution (300 dpi), a minimum file size of 4mb, and in a standard file format. Please note that most phone photos do not meet these standards. If your pet wins Pet of the Month, but your photo is not high enough quality, we will ask you for a new photo which must be provided by July 10, 2020 to meet the calendar printing deadlines.
- Photos should be landscape (horizontal) orientation.
- Photos may contain one or more pets.
- Photos may not contain people.
- Photos must be in color.
- To be considered for the cover or as Pet of the Month, all cats and dogs shown outside MUST be wearing tags and collars. If we love your photo but your pet does not have a collar or tag, we will Photoshop them in.
- To vote online, click on the Participate tab above. The online voting period will end Friday, June 26, 2020 5:00 pm PDT.
- Each $1 donation counts as one vote. You can place all votes on one entry or divide them among multiple entries.
- All votes for photo submissions will be tabulated and displayed online.
- All donations (votes) are non-refundable.
- Marin Humane is a 501(c) (3) organization. Donations are tax deductible.
- The email acknowledgment reply to your online donation serves completely as your tax receipt.
- Voting by mail will be accepted and must be received by Marin Humane no later than Wednesday, June 24, 2020 5 pm PDT. Mail-in votes should be sent to: Marin Humane, Attn. Photo Contest, 171 Bel Marin Keys Blvd. Novato, CA 94949. Envelopes must include your phone number, donation by check, the pet and entrant names, and your written request to apply your enclosed donation towards votes for them in the 2021 Photo Fundraiser.
- To vote by phone with a credit card, please call 415.506.6231 during regular office hours, before 5 pm on June 26, 2020 PDT.