MARSHALL COUNTY HUMANE SOCIETY is holding its 4th annual Calendar Photo Contest to raise funds for use in rescuing animals, and helping with their rehabilitation and rehoming. Our organization receives no financial support from any national, local or government agency. We exist on fundraisers and donations so this is an important fundraiser for us. We are a 501-(c)3 nonprofit group, so your donations to vote are tax deductible. We encourage you to enter your favorite pet photos to support the animals of MCHS. Any animal you own is eligible for the contest. They do NOT have to be a rescued animal. We welcome all your pet entries.
- The contest will begin June 15, 2017 and end August 13th, 2017 at 8 PM. Winners will be announced August 14th, 2017.
- You may enter as many photos as you like but keep in mind, spreading the votes out may hurt your chances of winning. If your pet wins on two entries, be aware your pet may only appear in the calendar once.
- Submit your pet’s photo with a minimum of 5 votes ($5 donation). Photos can include 1 or more animals. You may enter any pet or favorite farm animal. There can be more than one pet in photo but no people, please.
- Each $1.00 donation counts as 1 vote. There is a 5 vote minimum. We encourage you to email the contest link to family and friends and encourage them to vote often.
- Complete the entry process and submit your photo in a JPG, PNG or GIF format, although JPG is preferred. Photo resolution is preferred at 300 dpi so that it will print at size of 8-1/2 by 11” without significant loss of quality. Photo should be in clear focus and you might be asked to resubmit if photo isn’t clear. We reserve the right to deny submission if entry is judged to be inappropriate or offensive content. Landscape view is preferred. (Rectangular) If you are sending a photo from your smart phone, please send it at actual size, so that the resolution is the best. Phone photos can be sent but the animal photo may have to be printed at a smaller size with design added. You must submit a photo of your pet(s) and include: Name of pet, Your name, address, email and a paragraph about the animal. In 100 words or less, tell us something fun or interesting about the pet(s) in photo. Share something special that we could include on our calendar if your photo wins.
- All photos must be uploaded; sorry, we cannot accept hard copies.
- The top 12 winning entrants will have their pet’s photo displayed on an 8.5” x 11” calendar and on the contest link on our website. www.Marshallcountyhumanesociety.org. Top vote getters will win prizes as outlined in prize listing and your pet will be “Pet of the Month” on our Facebook page for the calendar month that they won. The top vote getter will earn the cover photo of our calendar. We will also include a small photo of the winners of number 13 to 24 on the back of our calendar.
- On your pet’s entry, there is a share button that lets you share and ask for votes on Facebook and other social media websites.
- MCHS is a 501-(c)3 which makes donations tax deductible. The email acknowledgment to your online donation serves as your tax receipt.
- All submitted photos become the property of MCHS to be used at their discretion for any and all marketing purposes.
- Calendars will be for sale online or by phone or email.
- Any entry with 300 or more votes will get a free calendar.
BUY A DATE OF THE YEAR
If you would prefer not to compete for a slot on the calendar, you can buy a day of the year for a $10 fee. This is popular for a pet’s birth date or death date. Your pet’s photo will be published in the small square of that date on the calendar. The dates are on a first come, first serve basis, but you may choose a similar date if your pick has already been taken. Since the date squares are small, we will only be able to include your pet’s name for Date of the Year.