Voting proceeds will go to the McMinnville Education Foundation, a non-profit organization to support excellent education at all levels of students and staff in the McMinnville School District.
- There is no fee to enter a chalk art drawing into the contest.
- Submit entries between noon on Thursday, July 14, 2021, and Sunday, August 20, 2021 at 8pm PT.
- The art chalk drawings may be created and entered (uploaded) anywhere, not just locally.
- Photos of entries should be posted for voting with only the artist’s first name and age or selected team name for friend team submissions.
- Winners will be announced on Facebook by September 13, 2021. Winners will be contacted by phone (first) or email (alternately) by September 10, 2021
- MEF Board Members may enter or vote, but they are not eligible for prizes.
- Drawings may be any size as long as they can be entirely seen in one photo (suggested size is one sidewalk square or about 36”X30”).
- Drawings must be completed with washable chalk only.
- Drawings and any props used must be on the ground only. Drawings that incorporate the sides of buildings, benches, etc., will not be considered as an entry.
- For privacy concerns, no people, including artists, should be visible in the photos.
- The promotion of kindness, appreciation, and respect is expected. Drawings must be free of anything offensive due to racial, religious, gender, or political affiliations or biases.
- Once art is entered, photos become the property of the McMinnville Education Foundation (MEF) to be used at its discretion for print and marketing purposes.
- MEF reserves the right to decline the entry of any photograph for any reason.
Art may be of any design and must be original. Not sure what to draw? Inspiration could come from nature or science, a favorite book/author, or a design style based on a favorite artist or work of art.
Teams or group entries will be assigned to the division of the oldest person in the group. Example: a three person team, 2 five year olds and one 10 year old will be assigned to the middle division
- LITTLE: Up to 6 years
- MIDDLE: 7 to 14 years
- ADULT: Adult: 15 and up
- Votes are $1. You must purchase a minimum of 5 votes at a time for a minimum charge of $5. Payment is by credit card only.
- Individuals may vote as many times and for as many artists as desired, including their own entry.
- Voting will be closed Sunday, August 27, 2021 at noon PT
Voting contributions are tax deductible to the extent allowed by law. The McMinnville Education Foundation is a 501(c)(3) Non-Profit Organization. Federal Tax ID# 93-1242941.
Address: 800 NE Lafayette Avenue, McMinnville, OR 97128 or mac40kids.org