Pet Alliance of Greater Orlando exists to educate, shelter, place, and heal pets and their families with compassionate, responsible care maintained to the highest professional standards.
Pet Alliance relies on community donations to support services to care for and place homeless pets and help pets and families in the community.
- Animal Shelter – in the past year, Pet Alliance's shelter adopted out over 6,600 cats and dogs to new homes. More than 1,453 animals were transferred in from municipal shelters and hoarding situations.
- Spay and Neuter Services – Professional veterinarians provide spay/neuter surgeries to over 13,000 animals each year. This includes shelter pets, owned pets, and community and feral cats.
- Pet Food Pantry – Pet Alliance provides free pet food to people in need through the pantry. This year, more than 25,000 pounds of food have been distributed.
- Senior Programs – Working with Meals on Wheels and Seniors First, Pet Alliance provides free food and veterinary services to seniors in need.
- Pet Apartment Registry – To decrease the number of animals being turned in to the shelter, Pet Alliance developed a registry of pet-friendly apartment complexes in Central Florida. All the apartments listed have no size or breed restrictions for tenants' pet dogs.