The mission of the Pet Alliance of Greater Orlando is to educate, shelter, place and heal pets and their families with compassionate, responsible care maintained to the highest professional standards.
Pet Alliance relies on community donations to support services to care for and place homeless pets and help pets and families in the community.
- Animal Shelter – in the past year, Pet Alliance’s shelter adopted out over 7,000 cats and dogs to new homes. More than 800 animals were transferred in from local animal service shelters
- Spay and Neuter Services – Professional veterinarians provide spay/neuter surgeries to over 15,000 animals each year. This includes shelter pets, owned pets and community and feral cats.
- Pet Food Pantry – Pet Alliance provides free pet food to people in need through the pantry
- Seniors Programs – Working with Meals on Wheels and Seniors First, Pet Alliance provides free food and veterinary services to seniors in need.
- Pet Apartment Registry – To decrease the number of animals being turned in to the shelter, Pet Alliance developed a registry of pet friendly apartment complexes in Central Florida. All the apartments listed have no size or breed restrictions for tenants’ pet dogs.
- Outreach and Education – Over 29,000 people are reached through our education and outreach programs. This includes school programs in partnership with local school districts, summer camps, outreach events and more.