NGPR is a volunteer, tax-exempt, non-profit organization whose mission is to save and re-home rescued Great Pyrenees dogs in the U.S. and Canada. We've been leading the fight to save Pyrs and Pyr mixes since 2006 and our dedication to actively supporting front-line rescuers with funding and logistical support has not faltered. Our organization:
- Rescues dogs from high-kill shelters
- Provides fostering, veterinary care, and behavioral training so Pyrs can be re-homed as companion animals
- Organizes weekly transports to move dogs out of high-kill areas
- Underwrites costly medical expenditures for sick and injured dogs
- Operates 800 shelter and adoption hotline numbers that assist Pyrs and Pyr owners throughout the United States
- Educates the public about the breed
NGPR supports Pyr rescue efforts across the country, encourages the start-up of new Pyr rescue groups and urges all Pyr rescuers to work together to save more Pyrs.