Photo Submission Guidelines for the 2020 NRGRR Calendar Contest
Photo entries will be accepted from May 24 through June 29, 2019.
$10 donation to NRGRR per photo entered into the contest. No limit to the number of photos an individual may submit. Your photo entry donation directly supports our rescue program.
Photos must include at least one NRGRR alum, but can include other dogs as well. The NRGRR alum does not have to be a Golden Retriever.
Please, NO people in the submitted photos and professional photos CANNOT be accepted.
High quality photos are necessary! To ensure that your image is of the appropriate quality to be used in the calendar, please follow these guidelines:
- All photos submitted must be HORIZONTAL in orientation.
- Set your camera to take photos at the highest resolution possible. Photos must be a minimum of 300 dpi and at least 2400 x 1800 pixels in order to be used for the monthly calendar page.
- When using smart phones or tablets, upload photos as original or actual size.
- You will be contacted if there are any issues with the photos you submit.
- Poor quality photos will be used as thumbnails in the calendar where possible, or not be used at all.
- No refunds for photos that cannot be used.
A few tips: You can use a digital camera or your smart phone to take the contest photo. Whichever you use, please make sure you're shooting at the highest quality setting. Make sure your dog is in focus, that your photo is not over- or under-exposed (too light or too dark) and take more than one photo so you can select the best one. Your submitted photo's file size should be measured in MB rather than KB.
Finalist Photo Selection Process
- Upon review of the photos submitted, we will select no fewer than 26 photos to be included in the voting contest.
- We will do our best to select one photo per participant (including immediate family) for the voting contest, however the photo must meet the quality guidelines listed in the photo submission section above to be considered.
- Photos chosen for the voting contest will be judged on composition, quality and emotional appeal.
- Voting for the 2020 NRGRR Calendar Contest will run July 1 thru July 31, 2019.
- Each vote in the photo contest will be $1.00. All proceeds directly support our rescue program.
- The winner of the photo with the most votes at the end of the voting phase will pick the month they would like to have the dog featured as well as receive a special gift. The next 11 photos with the most votes will each receive a monthly spread. The remaining photos will be featured with thumbnails throughout the calendar.
- Each of the top 12 winners will be asked to write a short story about their dog(s) to be featured in the calendar.
- We will make an effort to use as many submitted photos in the calendar as possible, space permitting.
2020 NRGRR Calendars will be made available for sale in mid-October.
Any questions related to the 2020 NRGRR Calendar Contest may be submitted to Kerry Ahrend or Scott Kennedy at email@example.com.