What it is
New Fairfield/Sherman Animal Welfare (NFSAW) is sponsoring a pet-themed 2017 calendar contest, the proceeds from which will support our rescue efforts – as well as celebrate contestants' dogs and cats! The contest is open to everyone; your photo entry does not have to be of a pet adopted from NFSAW – we love them all!
How it works
Votes will determine if your pet's photo will be featured in our calendar. The top-vote recipient will win placement as the calendar's ‘cover' photo- as well as a $100 Petco Gift Card and a free copy of the calendar.
The 12 next most popular vote recipients will be featured as a full-page pet of the month and receive a free copy of the calendar as well.The key to having your pet featured? Share your entry with your friends, family, and contacts – and encourage everyone to VOTE, VOTE, VOTE!
Submitting your photo:
- Go to the contest website (gogophotocontest.com/newfairfieldshermananimalwelfaresociety) or follow the links from our website (nfsaw.org) and Facebook page (New Fairfield/Sherman Animal Welfare).
- Submit a photo of your dog(s) or cat(s) and include:
- Name of Pet(s) featured
- Your Name
- Email address
- Zip Code
- Photos may contain one or more pets and must:
- be in color
- contain only pets; no people
- be set to a horizontal format
- not be edited or altered other than minor color, contrast, or sharpness adjustments
- feature pets owned by the entrant (or the entrant must have permission from the pet's owner to submit their pet's image)
- Lobby for votes! Once your pet has been submitted, share the link with your friends and family via social media, email and word of mouth.
NFSAW is a 501(c) organization, so your donations are tax deductible. Please note that donations are non-refundable.
- There is a $10 fee for entering your pet into the contest.
- Every $1 you donate counts as one vote. Each $1 donation counts as a vote for that photo. Donate as much as you like at one time and those votes add up! All donations will be used to help us provide food, shelter, and veterinary care for our furry friends until they are adopted!
- Vote as often as you like.
- The contest begins on August 22, 2016. Winners will be announced on the New Fairfield Sherman Animal Welfare Society's Facebook page and in our local paper, the Town Tribune.
- The contest ends at 9:00 PM Eastern, October 19, 2016.
- There are 13 top spots available to win.
- All photos must be uploaded where indicated at gogophotocontest.com/newfairfieldshermananimalwelfaresociety.
- NFSAW reserves the right to remove any photo that contains inappropriate content.