HOW TO SUBMIT PHOTOGRAPHS
- To submit a photo online, click on the Participate tab (above) and follow the directions to upload a photograph of your pet. Photos should be submitted in JPEG format. Multiple photos can be submitted, but only one photo can be submitted at a time.
- The entry fee for submitting a photo in the 2016 Oregon Humane Society Photo Contest is $10. All photos must be submitted online.
- Online entries must be received no later August 20, 2016, 11:00 PM PST.
- Photos of cats, dogs, horses, small mammals and birds are accepted. Your pet does not have to be adopted from OHS to be eligible to enter this contest. Photos of wildlife and reptiles are not eligible for prizes.
- All cats or dogs in your photo should be wearing tags and collars. Photos of cats or dogs without collars and ID tags may be ruled ineligible for publication in the OHS Magazine.
- All photos must be submitted by the photographer who took the photo. OHS cannot accept copyrighted photos unless the owner of the copyright agrees to the usage rights of the OHS Contest.
- If photos include pets not owned by the photographer, or people not in the photographer’s immediate family, written permission from the pet’s owner and/or the individuals photographed allowing for OHS to use their images according to the rules of this contest is required.
- Once entered, photos become the property of OHS which may, at its discretion, copy, edit, publish, or modify entries for use in any and all media, without limitation or compensation to the photographer or the individuals and pets appearing in the photo. The submitter of the photo does not relinquish rights to use the photo.
- For a winning photo to appear in the OHS Magazine, the photo must be of high resolution (at least 3000 pixels x 2000 pixels is preferred) and depict the animal in a loving, humane environment as determined by OHS.
- Employees and immediate family members of OHS, as well as employees and immediate family members of contest sponsors, are not eligible to enter.
VOTE FOR YOUR FAVORITES
You can win prizes by having friends and family vote for your pet's photo. The recipient of the most votes in each category will also be eligible to have their pet featured on cover of the OHS Magazine.
How Voting Works
Once a photo is submitted, it will appear in the online gallery one and be open to voting by the general public. Votes are $1 each, with a minimum $5 donation for five votes. All votes for photo submissions will be tabulated and displayed online.
Votes can be cast for any submitted photo in one-vote increments. When voters donate, they will be given the option of applying all of the votes to one photo, spreading their votes over various photos, or storing votes in their account. If a voter chooses to store the votes, the voter can log in to their account and vote at a later time. All votes must be applied to selected photos by the conclusion of the voting period to be counted.
The online voting period will end August 22, 2016, 11:00 PM PST. A clock will be displayed on the contest web page during the final day of the contest. Winners will be determined based on the number of votes appearing on the website at the close of voting. Note: there may be a gap of 15 minutes from when a vote is cast to when it appears online. Voters are urged to cast their votes at least 15 minutes before the contest ends. OHS is not liable for votes not appearing on the website and cannot refund donations for votes that do not appear after the deadline has passed.
All votes are donations to OHS and are fully tax-deductible as permitted by law. All donors will receive receipts for their contributions.