Founded in 2000
The Oswego County Humane Society provides programs and services that preserve and strengthen the bond between people and animals.
Our goal is to help pets that have homes remain in them and find loving homes for those pets that need them. We strive to accomplish this by providing long term solutions, because People and Pets are GOOD for each other.
- Spay/Neuter Clinic
- Ensures every pet we adopt out is spayed or neutered
- Offers low-cost spay/neuter for cats in low income households of Oswego County
- Animal Services
- Provide a support network of foster families who care for and socialize homeless animals along with veterinarian care until they are adopted into approved homes
- Provide donated pet food and cat litter to those in financial difficulties who are unable to provide for their pets
- Provide temporary assistance to people with large companion animals in need by providing necessary food or other care to enable them to keep their pets during a financial crisis
- Humane Education
- Porky & Buddy advice column in local newspapers addressing important pet care topics
- Newsletters filled with animal welfare and proper animal care articles
- Coloring Book created for children about dog safety "Be Safe With Your Best Friend" (available free online and at our events)
- Public presentations for area school functions and youth groups promoting proper pet care and dog bite prevention.
- Working with pet owners to educate and enhance pet/owner relationships.